Supplier Quality Engineer
Kimball Electronics Romania had the start-up in 2015, as a greenfield investment being owner of its new facility building and new equipment!
As distinctive trait of the company's employees, in the first years we are looking for colleagues ready to get out of regular jobs and rather create their own: we are looking for colleagues that are willing to contribute and get involve, are ready to easily slide from one area to another, interested in creating procedural frame and, as a general approach, are not afraid to fail, but either to succeed!
We invite to go through the role description below and see if it matches your interests
Supplier Quality Engineer is responsible to provide technical expertise and guidance to support, develop and improve KERO’s Supplier Quality Program and Procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide quality and technical leadership on assigned commodities
- Develop and coordinate supplier improvement plans
- Serve as a member of Supplier Selection Teams
- Perform audits on new / and problem suppliers
- Be a communication link between company and the suppliers
- Drive actions from Supplier audits to closure
- Communicate the status of supplier issues to the customer as requested
- Review and drive sign off of PPAP’s
- Drive actions and recovery from MRB to closure
- Support Receiving Inspection team with any issues of disposition of product and drive closure to those issues.
- Provide support to closure on Supplier Manufacturing Change Request and New Supplier and Component Introduction processes
Interpersonal and Communication Skills
- Excellent communication skills: presentation, listening and speak at audience level
- Phone etiquette
- Link role between supplier and customer, when needed
Technical and Business Skills
- Studies and training in a Technical domain
- + 5 years work experience
- Have electrical and/or mechanical manufacturing assembly knowledge
- Be knowledgeable of applicable Customers Quality Standards
- Excellent auditing skills
- Computer literate
- Analytical and problem solving attitude
- Time management and prioritizing ability
- Both result and process oriented
- Initiate changes, accepts challenges and takes ownership
- Able to coordinate meetings / agenda