Big Data Engineer for IoT
Avira, a company with over 100 million customers and more than 500 employees, is a worldwide leading supplier of self-developed security solutions for professional and private use. With more than 25 years of experience, the company is a pioneer in its field.Requirements
- experience in designing, building extremely efficient and reliable data pipelines to enable data consumption and fast data understanding
- good understanding of distributed computing principles
- experience with building stream-processing systems
- good knowledge of integrating data from multiple sources (No-SQL databases, relational databases, HDFS, messaging systems etc.)
- good understanding of Lambda Architecture
You might also have:
- experience with dimensional data modelling & schema design in Data Warehouses
- experience working with either a Map Reduce or a MPP system on any size/scale
- knowledge in managing of Hadoop cluster
- experience with Hadoop v2, MapReduce, HDFS, Scala
- good knowledge of Big Data concepts and tools (Hive, Impala, Spark, Kafka, NoSQL databases etc.)
- ability to write well-abstracted, reusable code components
- experience in stream processing frameworks (Apache Storm, Apache Kafka Streams, Apache Ignite Streaming, Heron etc.)
- experience with cloud-based IaaS / PaaS solutions and security
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
The role combines (1) experience in choosing optimal solutions for Big Data pipelines, (2) implementing, (3) integrating, (4) and maintaining them.Other info
- passion for experimentation and smart failures. We fuel that with autonomy.
- arguments and prototypes instead of long chains of command. We flourish mastery.
- the ultimate desire to protect people in the connected world. That’s our purpose.
- established teams of aces in diverse fields of knowledge to call for help.
- a simply amazing office (spacious, in central location, BBQ terrace, top of the line espresso machine, massage chair and more)
- top notch work equipment
- great package, including free catered lunch, gym membership, private medical plan