Oracle Romania Oracle Romania Junior Technical Consultant
Explore Oracle and become our next great hire!
With more than 420,000 customers - including 100 of the Fortune 100 - and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries, Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems.
Currently counting over 4100 employees in the Bucharest and Iasi offices, Oracle Romania has been prominently listed as one of the „Most Desired Employers” in the local market over the last 6 years, including the top rank for the past 3 years.
Oracle is a key contributor globally to IT education through its Oracle Academy Program. Oracle Academy currently supports 664 institutions and over 52,000 students in Romania. In 2016 we are training 200 teachers in Java Fundamentals and Java Programming.
Beside key administrative functions for customers, partners and Oracle organizations, Romania is also home for core development centers and teams helping customers to realize successful IT projects. To name a few:
Oracle Product Development
Oracle Advanced Customer Support
Oracle Software Support Services
Oracle Sales Consulting Center
Oracle is constantly recruiting for a variety of departments, looking for talented candidates with both technical and non-technical background. The ideal candidate would be the one with high potential and ability to learn and adapt quickly to a fast changing, innovative and demanding environment. If you’re looking for insight into life at Oracle, explore our culture, or want to join the social conversation, check out our Oracle Facebook Community.
• The ideal candidate should have mid-level workstation-level, technical proficiency as the role includes assisting clients over the phone/web who are using various operating systems, configuration as well as Internet Explorer Browser settings.
• The candidate should have excellent customer service skills; demonstrate strength in interpersonal communications and good judgment.
• Ability to self-manage, escalating to management as needed.
• Possess the desire and ability to learn new systems and processes.
• Effective communicator, specifically with regards to having excellent phone demeanor, strong written communication skills, and effective listening skills
• Strong Presentation skills
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Must have at least 1 year of consulting or customer-facing experience in technology troubleshooting or related fields
• Cross functional experience in performing both technical and non-technical (., people and process) support services preferred.
• Should have experience in web-enabled tools and applications.
• The ability to quickly adapt and seamlessly handle customer situations and order process issues
• Works well independently, but also as part of a team
• Must possess the ability to exceed quality standards and focus on improving the customer experience
• . or . degree or equivalent
• Ability to manage multiple projects and changing priorities across virtual teams and provide results quickly
• Fluency in English
• The primary role is to provide live (online) assistance and support to instructors and students experiencing challenges with their classes.
• The goal of the Support Consultant is to allow the instructor to focus on content delivery, remove technical distractions and impediments from the event participants (students), and generally provide resolution to any “virtual issues” outside of the Virtual class environment.
• A Support Consultant will work with the curriculum development team to ensure that teaching content is kept updated, work with the web team to keep our education website updated, with the development team to build applications that will allow for the automation of processes, work with the Global IT team to ensure that remote lab environments are built and work as expected, test lab environments using various technologies, train instructors to deliver a Live Virtual class effectively, with the Learning Management Systems team (LMS) to make sure content is posted, with the operations teams to schedule events and with the senior OU management team for effective ways to drive high-quality training to name a few.
• This position is critical to maintaining a disruption-free setting in which to deliver OU events.