Embedded Software Engineer
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
Our client is the leading provider of testing systems for networking and wireless services performance. For more than 30 years, our client’s visionaries have helped deploy, maintain, and optimize the most complex and powerful networks on the planet. From 1G to 5G, from the core to the network edge, their end-to-end solutions provide unprecedented visibility—ensuring that customers enjoy the highest possible quality of experience and application performance.
Our client is now opening a new R&D center in Bucharest and is currently looking for an Embedded Software Engineer who would help the company to follow good software development processes and to take a product through the software development LifeCycle (Requirements, Design, Implementation, Test, Launch, Maintenance).
• Have a minimum of 3 years hands-on experience as a software engineer
• C/C++/Java/Web/Objective C programming skills
• OO Design Methodology (OOPS, OOAD)
• Task based Operating system knowledge (Linux preferred)
• Unit/Class Test background (Test Driven development)
• Experience in networking (TCP/IP, 802.11, Bluetooth)
• Experience with project tracking software with the ability to drive in an Agile fashion, preferably with the Atlassian Tool Chain (Confluence, JIRA, etc.).
• Experience with version control systems: GIT, SubVersion, etc.
• Experience in software toolchains, RTOS’, Embedded Linux, bare metal development
• Have experience using an Agile-based development process, preferably some flavor of Scrum, on multiple projects
Nice to have:
• Domain skills: DOCSIS, xDSL, Cable test equipment, Telco test equipment
• Qt knowledge for UI Development
• Exposure to communication protocols, MATLAB, FPGA, DSP
• Mobile application development experience
• MVC Design methodology (Knowledge of design patterns)
• Both Agile (Scrum/Kanban) and Waterfall development processes
• Real-time or near real-time design background
• Laboratory measurement tools
• Markup language experience – XML/QML/JSON
• Database experience
• Working with the Product Life Cycle Management and other development teams on product requirements
• Developing solutions that are innovative, high quality and meet the needs of the customer both from a content perspective and from a time to market perspective