Cloud Services-Migration Engineer (Linux)
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs berg COMPUTERS active
View all jobs Cloud Services-Migration Engineer (Linux) active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
- At least 3 years of experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux (advanced administration and troubleshooting) - Level 4/5 at a minimum;
- Experience with PERL and shell scripting (bash) - Level 3/5 at a minimum;
- English: proficient (understanding, speaking and writing) - Level 4/5 at a minimum;
- Hands-on experience building and migrating OVF/OVA images;
- Ability to monitor, report progress and achieve agreed deliverables;
- Ability to document, certify, present and hand over (knowledge transfer) his/her work results;
- Good hypervisor experience - VMware, KVM;
- Experience in software development, including Agile;
- Experience with databases and middleware products;
The candidate would be part of a team delivering a bare metal recovery and migration solution in support of large customer workloads (physical to virtual/cloud, virtual/cloud to virtual/cloud).
He/she would be part of a large global team of highly skilled professionals supporting client on-boarding onto a complex Infrastructure-as-a-Service cloud solution. Candidates must be available to occasionally perform planned off-hours workload migrations per approved change/maintenance windows and transition plans, as well as off-hours interventions for high severity incidents when needed.
- Perform server migration from source (traditional or cloud) to target environment (cloud) using custom tools and processes.
- Perform advanced troubleshooting and problem remediation during the migration process.
- Assist in root cause analysis and provide recommendations on Linux environments, tools and technologies towards improvement.
- Work with various stakeholder organizations (Architecture, Development, Test and Delivery Teams) to map requirements to design elements.
- Participate in development effort for new tool functionalities and features.
- Continuous learning through training and certifications;
- Flexible working hours and attractive working environment;
- Employee benefits, including sport benefits, discount for glasses/contact lenses;
- Attractive salary package and private health insurance;
- Great location with relaxing areas;
- Meal tickets and transport discounts;
- Annual teambuilding and parties;
- Monthly exciting events with and for employees.
Discover our latest openings and apply for your new job via berg COMPUTERS website.