Senior UNIX Administrator
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Brainspotting active
View all jobs Senior UNIX Administrator active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
Our client is currently looking for a Senior UNIX Administrator. The Unix Consultant’s mission is to support back office domain of the global infrastructure in providing solutions to increase operational efficiency in Unix server environment and related services.
• Over 3 years working experience in a similar role in a large scale company;
• Technical degree in Computer Science;
• RHEL Certified Systems Engineer certification;
• Strong expertise in VMWare, Solaris, HPUX, EMC and NetApp storage products/tools;
• Strong expertise in LVM, DNS, DHCP, NFS, SAP Systems;
• Ability to work closely with DBAs;
• Network Management experience.
• Flexible and adaptable with excellent ability to work cross functionally within an organization;
• Strong analytical skills, strong critical thinking, problem solving, and interpersonal skills, with a commitment to professional and service delivery excellence;
• Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills;
• Fluent in English (verbal and written).
• Produce standards and processes development for Unix infrastructure services worldwide;
• Provide world class operational services to support and maintain the back office related services;
• Support IT strategy by supporting new and existing services;
• Provide guidance and governance to other regions;
• System monitoring;
• Participate in the implementation of new services;
• Support new product deployments with installation, integration, testing, documentation, and training;
• Assist in implementation of plans that enhance technical operation, compliance with rules and regulations, and permit the deployment of new technology and support them;
• Define and compile the methods of procedures and documentation to support in the maintenance and day-to-day operation of the Unix systems.