Senior Consultant - Risk Advisory/IT Audit
Deloitte is the brand under which tens of thousands of dedicated professionals in independent firms throughout the world collaborate to provide audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, and tax services to selected clients.
With access to the intellectual capital of approximately 200,000 people worldwide, member firms focus on client service through a global strategy executed locally in nearly 150 countries. The Romanian office was established in 1992 and nowadays it employs over 600 professionals and provides services to diverse range of local and international clients.
As the firm of choice professional services clients, Deloitte is also the firm of choice for for outstanding professional talent. To uphold our first class reputation and sustain our rapid growth, we are constantly seeking people who can meet the challenges of our working environment.
At Deloitte we value innovative thinking, diverse insights and we strive to offer an exceptional level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism. From the supportive and collaborative culture to the progressive learning and development, you'll experience from day one why Deloitte is a place thousands enjoy working.
Visit now our career website https://jobs2.deloitte.com/ro/en/ to find more about career opportunities, working with us, benefits & culture, and Learning & Development programs.
Deloitte's Risk Advisory practice has a risk-based approach, experienced professionals, comprehensive methodologies, and technical resources for serving our client in the areas of information security, IT and internal audit, risk management and compliance and we are currently looking for an experienced specialist to join our Risk Advisory IT audit and advisory team.
In the role of Senior Consultant, successful candidates will be required to primarily deliver high quality work by working individually or as part of a team on a wide variety of IT governance, IT audit and advisory engagements. This may include managing a small team of one or more resources, delegating activities as appropriate and supporting the growth of the more junior members of staff. You will be actively managing client engagements or leading work streams within larger engagements under supervision from a manager or director.
The candidate will support the growth of the practice by leading project teams on a day-to-day basis and ensuring smooth performance and prompt resolution of technical / methodology issues.
The candidate will gain customer confidence through their demonstrated technical and interpersonal skills and capacity to manage challenges. The candidate will be responsible for professional growth of the staff and for identifying new business opportunities along with managers and partners.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Primarily perform reviews of computer systems in the areas of general controls, application controls, and system security.
• Participate as member of teams comprised of IT and Financial Controls Assurance Consultants performing integrated financial, IT and operational audits at client locations to evaluate the effectiveness of controls;
• Discuss problems and opportunities identified during the review with all levels of management;
• Prepare formal written reports setting forth recommendations for Client Management to strengthen and improve operations, as well as to identify cost or efficiency savings;
• Participate in special projects as necessary, including system implementation reviews, benchmarking studies and acquisition reviews.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer information systems, or computer science from an accredited institution.
• 4-5 years of relevant work experience;
• Experience with a Big 4 firm is a strong advantage;
• CISA certification is mandatory;
• Sarbanes-Oxley experience is a plus;
• ERP auditing experience;
• Strong project management skills;
• Fluency in written/spoken English is a must, any other language is an advantage;
• Good computer literacy (MS Office application) and excellent organizational, communication, writing and teambuilding skills;
• Knowledge of databases, telecommunications and operating systems software as well as mid-range, local area network and personal computer hardware;
• Real drive and enthusiasm to work in a team, as well as exceptional commitment to client service;
• Experience in directly or indirectly managing junior staff that includes training, coaching and delegating;
• Ability to plan, coordinate, and solve complex problems.