Teaching Assistants internship
Our classes take place every day from Monday to Saturday. Some classes will be in the morning, 8:15 to 11:30, but most of the classes are Monday to Friday from 13:00 to 20:00, and Saturday between 9:00 and 16:30, on our own premises and in our partner centres.
The schedule for the internship is flexible - we offer two options:
1. 6 hours per week, preferably one after the other and distributed on 2 days (Tuesday & Thursday / Wednesday & Friday)
2. 14 hours per week, from 13:00 – 20:00, Tuesday & Thursday / Wednesday & Friday/ Monday & Saturday
Our academic year starts in September and finishes at the end of June and we expect TA’s to stay with us for at least one semester.
- To assist teachers in a wide variety of ways in classes with 3-10 year old children
- To substitute for other teaching assistants when they are absent
- To assist with Teaching Centre events or admin tasks.
- Exposure to modern teaching techniques and the opportunity to see them applied in the classroom with different age groups
- Experience in a fun and lively multi-cultural working environment
- Letter of reference (dependent on satisfactory performance and completion of the trial period)
- Library membership
- Training opportunities
- Remuneration: 10 RON gross per 60 minutes of class time during the first semester and then 15 RON gross per 60 minutes of class time for Teaching Assistants continuing in the second semester.
- Enjoy working with children and be considering doing so in the future, particularly in a teaching field
- Friendly and have good inter-personal skills with all ages and types of people
- Ability to be judge when to be proactive and when to follow someone else’s lead
- Ability to learn and adapt to various situations and styles/approaches of different people
- Available for any of our classes (classes take place every day from Monday through Friday between 13.00 and 20.00, on our own premises and 9:30-14:30 in our partner centres)
- Romanian C2 and English C1 or C2 user.
- Studied or studying a degree connected with teaching or languages
- Experience with teaching or working with children
- Experience working with people (children or adults) with special educational needs.