Network and System Administrator
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs FreelancerIT active
View all jobs Network and System Administrator active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
First and foremost we believe in the people on this site. We believe in those who want to develop and grow, both small companies and IT professionals and we know that we can create something beautiful together. We believe in their dreams, we believe in your dreams and we intend to prove the quality of the Romanian IT industry.Requirements
• Must be a proven organizer, with excellent management skills.
• Excellent knowledge of server and desktop hardware.
• Excellent knowledge of computer networks. CCNA certification is preferred.
• Excellent knowledge of Linux, Windows, NFS, Nagios, RADIUS, LDAP, Postgres, Tomcat, Apache HTTPD.
• Prior experience with Lotus Domino, OS X, Solaris, ZFS and AWS (EC2) is a plus.
• Manages the day-to-day operations of the equipment (servers, workstations, routers, firewalls, switches etc) by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair. Ensures that records of system downtime and equipment inventory are properly maintained. Applies revisions to host system firmware and software. Works with vendors to assist support activities.
• Ensures compliance with any regulatory requirements affecting computer systems and sensitive data (ex. PCI, consumer protection laws).
• Develops new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability.
• Performs troubleshooting as required. As such, leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations.
• Establishes, maintains and manages users accounts. Provides server support related to other software.
• Establishes guidelines and methods for the installation and management of computer operating systems, firewalls, routers, switches and other components.
• Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources.
• Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
• Develops procedures, programs and documentation for backup and restoration of operating systems, applications and mission critical data.
• Provides leadership in planning and implementation of projects for computer operations and enterprise systems administration.
• Develops tools, procedures and training sessions for company employees.
• Manages the data center and computer systems including hardware, software and other equipment.