(Senior) Consultant in Advisory Services
The KPMG Restructuring team within the Advisory Services Function is currently looking to expand the team in Bucharest with the following positions:
- Senior Consultant
As a (Senior) Consultant in KPMG Restructuring, you will be involved in financial restructuring projects, assisting clients in their financial turnaround strategy and its implementation (both outside court and in insolvency procedures).
Main tasks will include:
- Carrying out a detailed analysis of the client’s financial and business status, understanding and assessing key risks and business prospects from the perspective of relevant stakeholders (financing banks, creditors, shareholders etc.).
- Drawing up the financial models of the client’s business (containing both a detailed analysis and understanding on key business drivers, and projected financials for the relevant periods).
- Contribution to report preparation and presentation to relevant stakeholders of the business (main creditors, shareholders, bond holders, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics / Finance with an excellent academic record.
- Qualifications: ACCA or other similar accounting frameworks, already started, will be a plus.
- At least 1 - 3 years’ experience in Finance, Audit or Consulting.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Self-motivated person, eager to acquire experience and build a career in a professional environment and with a strong team spirit.
- Self-starter, keen on using the extensive knowledge management databases at hand to self-train and develop skills in order to hit the ground running when starting new engagements.
- Market and business awareness (understanding key business drivers, reasons for companies’ financial distress, being aware of relevant macroeconomic and industry trends).
- Good financial analysis and modeling skills, including proficiency in using Microsoft Excel tools for financial analysis and modeling.
- Good understanding of standard financial situations.
- Ability to synthesize qualitative and quantitative data quickly and draw meaningful insights.
- Ability to communicate accurately and efficiently in English, both verbally and in writing.
What we offer
- Accelerated learning curve in the wider Deal Advisory department, focused on financial analysis and modeling, applied in Restructuring, Transaction Services, Valuation, and M&As.
- Fast paced environment, and a diverse team with great mentoring opportunities.
- Good career advancement opportunities, linked with the accelerated development prospects of the KPMG Deals department.
- Exposure to the business and financial community