The Finance team at DXC Technology provides world class decision support driving profitable growth and exceptional shareholder value through our commitment to operational excellence, people development, and innovation. We provide accurate and timely financial information meeting the company’s regulatory and fiduciary responsibilities with unwavering integrity.
In the Finance division, our reporting and controlling teams are working on tasks like asset management, financial integration of mergers and acquisitions, as well as USGAAP-reporting. Our objective is to display all business activities in a financially correct and transparent manner.
Our world-class talent is our driver of change, working alongside clients to help them transform for the future, without breaking what works. Our talent is augmented by an alliance of leading technology companies.
This is a very complex finance lead role, being a highly P&L focused and business partnering role with opportunity to influence the financial performance. This role will require in depth account finance experience, commercial/business acumen, influencing the account leadership team, and basic financial management. The role therefore offers significant development for an ambitious individual.
The finance lead will be responsible for the end to end financial management of the financials, business partnering support to the Account Executive, and the wider Management team. This is a finance role with ownership of end to end P&L, and performance management.
- Financial Management – Accounting, Planning, Analysis & Reporting, leading the Close, Flash, Budgeting and Reporting cycles, as well as ensuring the accuracy of the P&L, statutory reporting support, balance sheet management
- Working with the business & operations to produce accurate, realistic and considered Financial forecasts
- Involved in any finance systems transition to ensure the P&L and Balance sheet recognition in line with US GAAP and meet management reporting requirements
- Maintain strong business controls and compliance standards including reviews with UK&I Controllership and external Auditors.
- Provide variance explanations between actual/Outlook/Plan of Record model, to identify any issues, implications and propose/assess solutions
- Business Partnering – reporting and analysis for decision support for business management team, influencing the business management team to drive revenue and OP improvement, ensuring strong financial awareness with the management team, driving accountability to drive productivity actions from ideas to execution
- Operations (Profit Improvement Plans, Cost Management)
Education and Experience Required:
· First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (., Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
· Typically 10+ years of experience, including 5 years of complex finance roles.
· Typically experienced in several complex finance roles.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Excellent understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis, with advanced knowledge in one area.
Proven finance thought leadership
Solid accounting and financial management experience preferably on a large size P&L managed
Strong Business/Commercial acumen
Excellent communication skills, result oriented, proactive in proposing ideas and recommendations
Excellent analytical and prioritization skills, self-starter
Being good in sharing information between different teams in order to stay aligned
Happy with tight deadlines and short notice requests
Self-starter, pragmatic and able to fill in the blanks
Strong analytical skills and able to think strategically
Able to influence others to achieve results
Excellent communication and influencing skills.