Workplace Engineer - Citrix
With over 3600 employees, Cegeka is one of the most important independent ICT providers in the Benelux (Belgium, the Netherlands, and Luxembourg). We help our customers with the development and implementation of applications, infrastructure, managed services, outsourcing, user support, desktop management, technical on-site support and consultancy. With our own data centers in Belgium and the Netherlands, we are ready for the future and for new business models, and so are our customers.
In addition to the offices in Belgium, Netherlands, Italy, Poland, on the Romanian Market, Cegeka has two offices: one in Bucharest and one in Iasi, with more than 330 employees.
We have 3 Business Units: SOFAR – Software Factory Romania; CGMS – Cegeka Global Managed Services Center; STAID - Shared Technology and Infrastructure Delivery.
At SOFAR, our division that deals with software development, the highest number of employees consists of Java, .NET, PHP, Mobile, SharePoint, Computer Vision, Blockchain Developers, reason for which main recruitment focus for this division is also placed on similar profiles.
At CGMSC, our division that deals with infrastructure management, most of the employees are involved in support activities on various environments and technologies, among which we can identify Windows Servers, Linux/Unix, Citrix, VMware etc.
Within STAID, we provide technical support and tools’ configuration through multicultural teams (Romanian and Belgian), that work with and on Linux/Unix, Networking, Python, MSSQL or various security platforms.
Are you authentic, involved, committed and eager to learn? Then you are the best fit to our team of professionals.
We are eager to meet you and answer your questions. See you soon!
WHAT DOES THE JOB HOLD?
Are you a true "allrounder" with a good basic knowledge of Windows and a passion for (virtual) workplaces? Do you like the variety and challenge of larger customers? Then we have a tailor-made challenge for you!
As a leading ICT company that offers quality solutions to its customers, we always strive for a customized solution, say the ideal match for the customer to achieve his goals. In this case as well, we are looking for this match. Competences and character are essential to us, in addition to experience and ambitions, so this role faces you with all of these:
• You are going to work within a customer team and manage the client's workplace environment;
• You should proactively and critically analyze this environment and formulate the necessary improvement proposals;
• You will make sure the documentation is correct and up to date;
• You are encouraged to keep your professional knowledge and technical skills up to date so you can use them optimally within Cegeka.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
• You feel like a fish in the water within the result-oriented, no-nonsense approach of Cegeka
• Customer engagement has no secrets for you. The customer's disguise is paramount to you
• You can work independently but also with your colleagues, as a member of your team
• You have strong communication skills and an analytical mind
• You are a keynote in all-round troubleshooting, taking each challenge like a puzzle you want to solve
• You are dealing with problems as a true entrepreneur
• You are are enthusiastic and enjoy sharing your passion for IT with the customer in order to get things done
• You have broad knowledge of Windows Infrastructures (servers and workstations)
• You have a notion of one (preferably several) of the concepts / solutions listed below:
o Citrix Xenapp/Xendesktop
o Citrix Provisioning/Netscaler/XenServer
o Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI)
o Profile Management
o Terminal Server (RDS)
o System Center Configuration Manager
o Packaging & distribution
• English language is like mother tongue to you (any additional language skills are more than appreciated)
• You have completed a higher education (Bachelor or Master)
• You are a good colleague and not only a member in the team