QA Automation Engineer (Cucumber&Protractor, remote work)
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
Our client has built the leading cloud-based online scheduling, point of sale, and automated marketing suite to power the operations of local service businesses from salons and spas to pet groomers. It's used at over 14,000 locations across the US with sizes ranging from single-location sole proprietors to large chains and franchises.
The product is a mission-critical software that customers use for over 10 hours per day. It is an all-in-one business solution built around a world-class scheduling platform that can grow revenue by as much as 30% through automated marketing and online distribution.
What makes this product unique is that it’s a platform that allows many third-party partners to integrate the online booking functionality into their own products.
The longer term vision is to become the largest platform in the world for online scheduling and local commerce. The group holds an estimated 20% market share in the credit insurance industry and is present directly or via strategic partnerships in 100 countries, with the ability to offer multinationals a structure suited to their needs that combines global reach and proximity, with a deep knowledge of local economic conditions in multiple sectors.
Required Skills & Experience
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or similar applied technical field
- 3+ years of experience with manual and automated testing/developing automated tests
- Good understanding of the development processes
- You are methodical and detail oriented, with solid analytical skills and problem solving ability
- You are a good person to work with, get along with others, and are able to work effectively in a team
- You have a dedication to quality and a positive, collaborative attitude and approach to testing
- You are extremely self-motivated; able to find opportunities for improvement and tackle them, without external direction
- Mobile test automation experience (iOS, Android, and mobile web)
This is a full-time position reporting to the VP of Engineering. Your overall responsibility will be to ensure that the web and mobile applications are awesome and high-quality as our client keeps adding new products and features. They’re growing fast and need your help to continue delivering the best product on the market!
If you have a programming and full stack test background, and the ability and attitude to assume more responsibilities as you grow with us, then this is a great opportunity for you. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- UI testing, black box, functional, automated regression and performance testing
- Build product test strategies, write and execute test plans, file bugs, and communicate with the team about issues, risk, and product quality
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the QA process
- Work with engineering and support to triage inbound bug reports and reproduce reported issues
- Expand our end-to-end automated test coverage using Rspec, Protractor, etc.
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary. Equity. Opportunity to make a tremendous impact.
- Full Benefits Package
- The chance to actually make a difference in a growing startup that is solving a big problem