Localization Lead Dev Tester
Enter the homeland of many epic games and be part of our world. Ubisoft is a place where creativity, passion and innovation are the driving force and over 1400 people are at its core.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. Today it became an exciting success story, with a strong history of titles such as Silent Hunter, Blazing Angels, H.A.W.X, Just Dance, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon or Watch Dogs.
Ubisoft Romania is the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. The Romanian adventure, which began in 1992, has turned into an exciting success story where Production, Test and IT Department are its driving force.
• At least 2 years of work experience in QA field, preferably in a multinational company;
• Excellent organizational, time management and communication skills;
• Analytical thinking;
• Good understanding of video games production and interest in technology;
• Excellent English (written and spoken), French is a plus;
• Interest in other languages/cultures;
• Good MS Office (especially Excel) and Internet literacy
• Ability to build solid professional relationships;
• Curious, able to identify opportunities, seek improvement and drive change;
• Degree in Economics or Foreign Laguages is a plus;
• Experience with Jira, Mantis, Devtrack (any bug reporting tool)
Working in close collaboration with the Localization Project Manager and the Production Team, the Localization Lead Dev Tester coordinates the proper implementation of all Internationalization requirements by following the production flow towards reaching a proper test build. He/she will act as guidance for the Localization QA team, using the acquired game knowledge to answer questions and better synthetize the game flow.
He/she will test and coordinate test passes for the game several times, reporting all Localization bugs prior to delivering the build further to the Localization Project Manager, assuring that the version is as clean as possible before entering the linguistic test phase.
Localization is the adaptation of a product to a target culture and market. Basically, it consists in managing the translation & adaptation, audios, integration and linguistic quality assurance of a product from a source language, usually English, to several destination languages (French, German, Italian, Spanish, Brazilian Portuguese, Nordic languages, Russian, Polish, Japanese, Korean, Chinese etc.).
Internationalization refers to the ensemble of actions (technical, process wise or linguistic/content wise) taken so that a product can actually be localized, and, even more, that it can be localized easily, quickly and cheaply.
• Coordinates and follows performance of the Localization Dev Test team
• Manages several projects simultaneously
• Provides Resource and Time Estimates for the Localization Dev Test Team
• Provides management, leadership and technical guidance
• Works together with the development team to make sure the project fulfills the
• Internationalization requirements and checks Internationalization points by directly playing the game
• Analyzes game content from a Localization perspective while providing reports and feedback to the Localization Project Manager, dev teams and QA Loc teams
• Works with the Localization and dev teams to identify and implement project specific debug commands
• Checks Oasis (text and audio management tool) for missing audio files on all languages
• Submits Localization issues using specialized bug tracking tools
• Smoke tests builds
• Regular communication and collaboration with Localization PMs worldwide Paris/ Montpellier/ Dusseldorf/ Montreal/ Shanghai/Malmo is required as part of an international team, in order to exchange best practices and improve processes.
• Gather feedback from internal and external stakeholders regarding the localization quality of Ubisoft titles, but also analyze the localization quality of games from other companies.
• Perform research on new markets and trends in the industry and draft best practices documentation.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
• If you’re into sport we’ve got a great gym right into our studio
• We are proud of our games and we would like you to feel the same way. To get started we’ll give you goodies and games letting you choose what you like
• If you get hungry you can use your meal tickets at our local cafeteria or even grab some of the fresh fruits that are available in the office each week
• Since we value health you’ll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months
• If somehow you feel under the weather you can quickly go to our in studio doctor.