This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Linux Specialist active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Customer Support - Client Service active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
- Experience with different distributions of Linux (Red Hat/Debian/CentOS/Suse) environments.
- Linux Routing and Load Balancing skills
- Linux Routing (ipsec/iptables/netfilter)
- Experience with Linux automation tools (i.e. UrbanCode Deploy, Puppet, Chef, Dockers etc.)
- File system concepts (inode, paging, swapping, clustering, logical partitions, etc.)
- Ability to work well with the team and on various projects (shared team environment)
- Experience with Backup software and strategies (dd, bacula is a plus, TSM is a plus)
- Willingness to learn new things & technologies (automation tools, OS related, storage related)
- Flexible if workflow is changing
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
- Communicative competence (pro-active)
Nice to have
- ITIL Certified
- Training skills in order to mentor junior team members
- Ability to conceptualize problems
- Ability to work under pressure and remain decisive
- Proficient in at least 1 programming/scripting language � bash, python, ruby, etc.
- Experience with backup tools such as Tivoli TSM
- Experience with system monitoring tools and analyzing results
- Bachelor degree, with a technical major such as Engineering or Computer Science
- Experienced in configuration of deployment pipelines and comfortable with version control systems (Git, GitHub)
- Be a strong system administrator to implement and support Red Hat/Debian/CentOS/Suse Linux environments.
- Responsible for uptime, performance, reliability, scalability, security and high availability of infrastructure machines
- Troubleshoot performance issues, OS configuration and hardware failures and apply fixes
- Create and implement change requests for incidents/problems as needed
- Support incidents and perform root cause analysis for service interruption issues. Fix the root cause not the effect.
- Ensure compliance with security guidelines
- 3'Rd party vendor coordination and escalation
- Create scripts in order to automate certain tasks
- Structure, draft and review technical documentation, document technical requirements and processes