IT Project Manager
We are a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, with a focus on developing, designing and supporting superior products.
This is not your typical application development job. Garmin is a great place to work if you love developing products that make a difference and are passionate about technology.
Our aviation engineering teams are working on many different products, from portable navigation devices and radio communication/navigation units to complete integrated glass cockpit systems.
Our benefits are designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. They allow our associates to make their own decisions about their wellbeing and future and consistently rank Garmin as a top tier benefits provider when compared to other high-tech employers.
Summary of the role: As part of our Aviation engineering team you will have the chance to work on safety critical software and to contribute to perfecting our aviation products.
In this role, you will be responsible of:
- Understanding source code and ensuring that there are no inconsistencies in the module under test
- Understanding sub-system requirements and ensuring there are no inconsistencies in the system under test
- Ensuring the requirements are correct and are matching the source code
- Designing and developing unit tests to ensure 100% code coverage
- Identifying and creating test data for unit, integration, and system tests for RTCA/DO-178B level A through D software
- Creating and maintaining test documentation
- Identifying, creating, tracking and following through to ensure defects are corrected
- Consulting with development & operation engineers in problem resolution and continuous improvement of testing methods and workflow
- Working with various test case management and defect tracking solutions
- Participating in reviews and discussions of specifications such as user stories and designs and provide feedback concerning completeness, accuracy, and testability
- Actively searching for information to understand the functionality of the applications and their components.
We are looking for a person with the following skills and knowledge:
- Good knowledge of C programming language
- Good knowledge of Python programming language
- Good knowledge of white box and black box testing techniques
- Good knowledge of Unit Testing and system testing techniques
- Knowledge of software testing (methodologies, techniques, practices, tools etc
- Experience with requirements, test cases, bugs and task tracking tools
- Experience with version control systems (ex. git, Subversion, CVS, Perforce)
- Advanced English knowledge
- Working in an organized way and attention to details are a must
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and working in a lively environment
- Excellent problem solving skills
- A constant preoccupation to continuously improve the work methods
- Full commitment to tasks and perseverance in difficult situations
- Very good communication skills
Desirable qualifications and background include:
- BSc in Computer Science, IT or similar
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
Would be a plus:
- Experience with Embedded C
- Experience with Safety Critical software verification
- Experience in Unit testing of software to RTCA/DO-178B levels A through D criticality
- Experience with different Unit testing frameworks like GUnit, CUnit, Unity, Opmock, CTest etc.