We are a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, with a focus on developing, designing and supporting superior products.
This is not your typical application development job. At Garmin, we work with hardware that communicates to mobile applications and other devices.
Garmin is a great place to work if you love developing products that make a difference and are passionate about technology.
Our benefits are designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. They allow our associates to make their own decisions about their wellbeing and future and consistently rank Garmin as a top tier benefits provider when compared to other high-tech employers.
Summary of the role:
Your role would be to contribute collaboratively and professionally in a team environment to develop design and implementation for specific requirements and technical problems. Strong knowledge of Java 8 and Spring is the core of the position.
In this role, you will be responsible of:
- Reviewing complex tasks for soundness of technical judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy
- Demonstrating proficient use and knowledge of established standards and procedures
- Improving existing software with limited assistance from other associates
We are looking for a person with the following skills and knowledge:
- Strong knowledge of Java Fundamentals and OOP principles
- Strong knowledge of Spring Framework (Container, AOP, JDBC, MVC, Integration, Security)
- Strong knowledge of web services (REST, SOAP)
- Strong knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Strong knowledge of unit testing (Junit, Mockito)
- Good understanding of design patterns and N-Tier architecture
- Strong knowledge of development tools (source control, development environment, issue tracking)
- Good knowledge of building tools and continuous delivery
- Experience with application servers (Tomcat)
- Prior experience in an Agile environment
- Excellent English speaking and writing skills
- Team player
Desirable qualifications and background include:
- BSc in Computer Science, IT or similar
- 2+ years of relevant work experience
Would be a plus:
- RabbitMQ knowledge
- Elasticsearch knowledge
- OAuth knowledge
- SSO knowledge
- PaaS, IaaS knowledge
- JS framework knowledge
- CSS/HTML knowledge