We are a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, with a focus on developing, designing and supporting superior products.
As an engineering and technology company, we have a keen focus on recruiting talent in the fields that support Garmin business and products.
Our benefits are designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life. They allow our associates to make their own decisions about their wellbeing and future and consistently rank Garmin as a top tier benefits provider when compared to other high-tech employers.
Summary of the role:
Your role would be to develop, customize, enhance the Oracle E-Business Suite Applications to support Garmin business requirements.
In this role, you will be responsible to:
- Work closely with the ERP Applications Analyst to develop, customize, enhance and support ERP application software in Oracle ebusiness Suite
- Create enterprise software to support and integrate with Oracle R12 eBusiness Suite
- Maintain, improve, and extend Oracle ERP Applications using Java, PL/SQL, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, BI publisher, Oracle Discoverer, Oracle Workflow and utilization of Oracle public API’s in program development
- Design, enhance and develop single and multi-system applications written in Java, SQL, or PL/SQL as part of a structured Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) process
We are looking for a person with the following skills and knowledge:
- Proficiency in writing software in developmental languages (Java, SQL, PL/SQL)
- Proficiency and previous experience in designing, enhancing and developing single and multisystem applications
- Ability to learn and understand secure coding practices
- Experience with ERP systems, preferably Oracle 11i or R12 applications
- Experience with SOA environments
- Experience with version control system such as GIT
- Experience with automated testing tools and testing procedures
- Strong and effective verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Desirable qualifications and background include:
- BSc in Computer Science, IT or similar
- 2+ years of relevant work experience