We are looking forward to meeting any experienced iOS developer who can realize innovative, robust and creative solutions to complicated development challenges in an end to end product development environment.
This is not your typical application development job. At Garmin, we work with hardware that communicates to mobile applications and other devices.
Garmin is a great place to work if you love developing products that make a difference and are passionate about technology.
Our benefits are designed to lead an evolving marketplace, support innovation and encourage a healthy balance between work and life.
They allow our associates to make their own decisions about their wellbeing and future and consistently rank Garmin as a top tier benefits provider when compared to other high-tech employers.
Your role would be to develop complex software in Swift (majority of development) and Objective-C for Garmin products and/or applications.
Other essential functions include:
- Utilize Apple software development tools such as Xcode and Instruments to develop, test, debug, and deploy quality software
- Utilize tools such as Git and Gerrit in the software development process
- Create and executes designs for software components within a larger project
- Collaborate and add value through participation in peer code reviews, providing comments and suggestions
- Provide reliable solutions to a variety of problems using sound problem solving techniques
- Perform technical root cause analysis and outlines corrective action for given problems
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced software engineers
- Estimate level of effort, evaluate new options of similar technology, offer suggestions to improve processes.
We are looking for a person with the following skills and knowledge:
- Proficient knowledge and utilization of engineering tools necessary for successful performance of the essential functions of this job description including experience necessary to develop complex software
- iOS SDK
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms
- Experience with some of the following: UIkit, Core Data, Core Graphics, GCD, BT/BLE API’s
- BSc in Computer Science, IT or similar;
- At least 3 years of experience in iOS development;
- Would be a plus: C++ experience, Agile practices experience, CI knowledge, experience with other mobile platforms.