PHP Developer for a successful Romanian startup
VIVRE is only 5 years old but already has proved itself as the leading Central & Eastern Europe e-commerce retailer for just about any home & lifestyle product you could imagine.
We strive to be the most relevant shopping destination for home design lovers in all our markets: Romania, Bulgaria, Hungary, Croatia, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia and the Czech Republic.
VIVRE has grown organically from a handful of founders in its Bucharest HQ to 200+ employees and we hope to find even more positive startup-like energy in our future colleagues.
What we are looking for:
- Amazing software engineering talent;
- Also its a plus: experience with high volume and highly scalable web systems, relational databases, distributed systems;
- Most important: passion for working in a fast-paced internet company and continuous learning with/from colleagues.
We are looking for experienced Web Developers with a passion for building great and easy-to-use products. You will exercise your brain and ingenuity to solve tough Product and Engineering problems on a large scale while playing a key role in the company.
Examples of challenges we are tackling:
- Database design, reporting, data intelligence;
- Product features, usability, interface design and flow;
- Building for large scale and speed;
- Infrastructure – designing, scaling, automation, monitoring;
- All our systems are developed in house and highly customised for our needs: CRM, CMS & translations, Warehouse management system, Financial & reporting.
A few words about our work at Vivre from a strategic point of view:
- we are developing a “logistics” system (as in software) which can distribute millions of SKU’s from thousands of suppliers to millions of clients in our markets in a super optimised and cost effective way. We are using the connected human intelligence and capacity (our employees from all departments) and our user/client interactions as a feedback mechanism to improve the system every day. It is a process of deep understanding of how sales, buying, logistics, production, warehousing and delivery works and then to implement them in an integrated and automated system.