Unix System Technologist
Acest job nu mai este activ!
Vezi toate job-urile Oracle active.
Vezi toate job-urile Unix System Technologist active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in IT Software active pe Hipo.ro
Explore Oracle and become our next great hire!
With more than 420,000 customers - including 100 of the Fortune 100 - and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries, Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems.
Currently counting over 4100 employees in the Bucharest and Iasi offices, Oracle Romania has been prominently listed as one of the „Most Desired Employers” in the local market over the last 6 years, including the top rank for the past 3 years.
Oracle is a key contributor globally to IT education through its Oracle Academy Program. Oracle Academy currently supports 664 institutions and over 52,000 students in Romania. In 2016 we are training 200 teachers in Java Fundamentals and Java Programming.
Beside key administrative functions for customers, partners and Oracle organizations, Romania is also home for core development centers and teams helping customers to realize successful IT projects. To name a few:
Oracle Product Development
Oracle Advanced Customer Support
Oracle Software Support Services
Oracle Sales Consulting Center
Oracle is constantly recruiting for a variety of departments, looking for talented candidates with both technical and non-technical background. The ideal candidate would be the one with high potential and ability to learn and adapt quickly to a fast changing, innovative and demanding environment. If you’re looking for insight into life at Oracle, explore our culture, or want to join the social conversation, check out our Oracle Facebook Community.
Typically requires a minimum of 2-4 years of hands on Unix experience.
BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent (Technical Certifications, additional experience). The candidate must have the profile of a System Administrator.
The candidate should have a strong working knowledge of:
* Linux installation and administration (preferably Oracle Linux or Centos or Redhat)
* Programming/Scripting (Mandatory: Bash/sh Shell scripting, and if possible csh, ksh, Perl, php, etc.)
* Fluent in English (Mandatory: speaking/writing)
* Systems Administration in heterogeneous environment (broad technical skill base, troubleshooting skills)
* Client-Server technologies
* Naming / Authentication services (DNS, LDAP)
* Software applications / installation
* Monitoring Unix systems
* Experience in a data center environment
* Experience with ticketing systems and support services.
Additional skills "nice to have":
* Unix (Oracle Solaris 10 or 11, IBM AIX, Mac OS X).
* Samba file sharing
* Microsoft Windows, Windows Terminal Server (WTS) / Remote Desktop Services (RDS) and RDP, AD
* Sun Microsystems / Oracle server and storage products
* Hardware troubleshooting and repair
* NFS, ZFS, UFS, Networking
* Storage (DAS, NAS, SAN)
* Backup strategy / solutions
* Virtualization technologies
* ITIL / ITSM
* Oracle Virtual Machines (OVM)
* Middleware (Apache, Weblogic, etc.)
Additional Required Responsibilities:
* Participate in weekend shifts (Saturday and Sunday)
* Daily shift starts at 11:30AM
* Mentoring and Leadership skills. Being able to help other engineers.
* Perform light lifting - 25lbs (able to install a 2U server in a Rack)
* Must be able to troubleshoot problems remotely, assist end users via phone, e-mail and ticketing systems.
* Customer relationship management
* Escalation management
* Unix Certification (Linux / Solaris)
* Networking (Cisco, LAN, DNS, WAN, switches / routers)
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to share knowledge.
* Strong organizational skills
* Leadership skills
* Generally able to make complex decisions independently and proactively
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required and are subject to change as the technical scope evolves
Seeking a very self-motivated Unix Systems administrator with broad hands on experience to support and maintain a large Global Unix server and storage environment.
Candidate must be able to solve technical problems, work with a global team, handle escalations, proactively identify problem areas and provide root cause analysis and corrective actions.