This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Ericsson active
View all jobs Network Administrator active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Telecommunication active on Hipo.ro
A CONNECTED WORLD IS JUST THE BEGINNING!
Ericsson is the world’s leading provider of technology and services to telecom operators. Ericsson is advancing its vision of being the “prime driver in an all-communicating world” through innovation, technology, and sustainable business solutions. We now stand on the brink of fundamental innovation opportunities across industries, public services and in private life.
We are moving from the information society to the Networked Society, where the primary concern is not having access to information, but what benefit you get out of it. It took 100 years to connect 1 billion places and 25 years to connect 5 billion people. The next step is connecting things. Ericsson envisions 50 billion connected devices as a starting point for new ways of innovating, collaborating, and socializing. The result will be simplified processes, higher productivity, real-time information allowing quicker, more informed decision-making or problem solving when relevant, and monitoring.
The Networked Society changes the logic of how society works. It is our job to take the lead in enabling this, and we are shaping our decisions around that. The ICT industry can help address our world’s major concerns in climate change, health care, education, and more.
• You find us in 180 countries
• We are more than 100,000 employees
• We have more than 30,000 patents
• 40% of mobile calls are made through our systems
• More than 2 billion people globally use our networks
In Romania we operate also the Global Services Center which is performing Managed Services for various European Operators, employing over 1000 engineers.
We would like you to have experience/knowledge in the following areas:
- Working in a large scale Enterprise environment with an emphasis on high availability and providing a highly responsive and professional server.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP networking and routing.
- Implementation, management, and support of Juniper SRX Firewall in an Enterprise environment.
- Implementation, management, and support of Juniper Brocade in an Enterprise environment.
- Implementation, management and support of RAS and Load Balancing platforms. Ideally F5 LTM and APM.
- Implementation, management and support of Proxy Servers. Ideally Bluecoat.
- Providing 2/3rd line operational support in a 24x7 Environment, including on-call.
- Capacity management, planning and reporting for all security systems
- Rigorous and disciplined approach to documentation and knowledge transfer
- Substantial experience fault finding in complex system
- Excellent stakeholder communications to all levels of audience.
Additional highly desirable skills and Experience for post-holder:
- Appropriate Juniper certifications e.g.: JNCIP (SEC) or JNCIS (FWV)
- Knowledge of other Firewall platforms including Juniper ISG/SSG, Checkpoint, Cisco ASA and Fortinet
- An understanding of ITIL and experience working in a change controlled environment.
- Knowledge of project work and methodologies
- Ability to process and present complex statistical data in a clear and concise fashion for Senior Management consumption
- Managing third party vendors
The Infrastructure Network & Security Team is responsible for designing, delivering, maintaining and supporting the Networks and Security Infrastructure for EBMS globally.
You will be reporting to the UK Network & Security Manager within the Infrastructure Team in the EBMS MM&P (Media Management and Playout) Service Area. You will develop strong relationships with colleagues in the Infrastructure team, other technical specialists, and the operational support teams.
You are expected to perform more in-depth troubleshooting. Tracing issues to a system or service, which is not performing as expected. Using your knowledge of this system to attempt to resolve the issue. In addition to this, the L2 team can be provide the data and information other technical teams need, to resolve wider issues.
o Documentation of recurring issues and associated resolutions, to be handed to the L1 team
o Create problem tickets for recurring issues
o Chase change approvals to meet with GN&S SLAs
o Produce regular availability and capacity reports for the EBMS network
o Manage supplier tickets through to resolution, ensuring proper response times are adhered to and escalating (internally and externally) as needed
o Consolidate and standardize connectivity solutions towards fewer better managed suppliers and circuits.
o Ensure that capacity across the company is being used efficiently and reduce duplication of circuits between destinations.
o Prepare reports and keep diagrams up to date, define rate cards and cost models with SDM
o Define and implement an interconnection strategy with global internet exchanges, CDNs, key suppliers and partners.
- Review the work and timeframe of tickets coming from the L1 team, prior to the ticket being escalated to L2 and priorities accordingly
- Use technology expertise and privileged access to perform advanced troubleshooting of network systems
- Capture and gather data from the network to assist with troubleshooting activities of Networks and the wider infrastructure teams.
- Capture and record configuration information from network devices, to aid in troubleshooting and to assist L3 Support staff in root cause analysis.
- Investigate and communicate outage impact to service managers and the wider GN&S team
- Ensure information is accurate and informative, liaising with users where needed
- Ensure information for change tickets is accurate and conforms to Global Networks and Security templates
- Carry out complex changes produced in conjunction with Level 3 engineers and Network Architects.
We offer You
- Possibility to build your career, learn and develop together with others in a truly international company
- A possibility to shape the future and build the Networked Society
- Competitive Ericsson benefit package