This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Ericsson active
View all jobs Network Administrator active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Telecommunication active on Hipo.ro
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
We would like you to have experience/knowledge in the following areas:
- Working in a large scale Enterprise environment with an emphasis on high availability and providing a highly responsive and professional server.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP networking and routing.
- Implementation, management, and support of Juniper SRX Firewall in an Enterprise environment.
- Implementation, management, and support of Juniper Brocade in an Enterprise environment.
- Implementation, management and support of RAS and Load Balancing platforms. Ideally F5 LTM and APM.
- Implementation, management and support of Proxy Servers. Ideally Bluecoat.
- Providing 2/3rd line operational support in a 24x7 Environment, including on-call.
- Capacity management, planning and reporting for all security systems
- Rigorous and disciplined approach to documentation and knowledge transfer
- Substantial experience fault finding in complex system
- Excellent stakeholder communications to all levels of audience.
Additional highly desirable skills and Experience for post-holder:
- Appropriate Juniper certifications e.g.: JNCIP (SEC) or JNCIS (FWV)
- Knowledge of other Firewall platforms including Juniper ISG/SSG, Checkpoint, Cisco ASA and Fortinet
- An understanding of ITIL and experience working in a change controlled environment.
- Knowledge of project work and methodologies
- Ability to process and present complex statistical data in a clear and concise fashion for Senior Management consumption
- Managing third party vendors
The Infrastructure Network & Security Team is responsible for designing, delivering, maintaining and supporting the Networks and Security Infrastructure for EBMS globally.
You will be reporting to the UK Network & Security Manager within the Infrastructure Team in the EBMS MM&P (Media Management and Playout) Service Area. You will develop strong relationships with colleagues in the Infrastructure team, other technical specialists, and the operational support teams.
You are expected to perform more in-depth troubleshooting. Tracing issues to a system or service, which is not performing as expected. Using your knowledge of this system to attempt to resolve the issue. In addition to this, the L2 team can be provide the data and information other technical teams need, to resolve wider issues.
o Documentation of recurring issues and associated resolutions, to be handed to the L1 team
o Create problem tickets for recurring issues
o Chase change approvals to meet with GN&S SLAs
o Produce regular availability and capacity reports for the EBMS network
o Manage supplier tickets through to resolution, ensuring proper response times are adhered to and escalating (internally and externally) as needed
o Consolidate and standardize connectivity solutions towards fewer better managed suppliers and circuits.
o Ensure that capacity across the company is being used efficiently and reduce duplication of circuits between destinations.
o Prepare reports and keep diagrams up to date, define rate cards and cost models with SDM
o Define and implement an interconnection strategy with global internet exchanges, CDNs, key suppliers and partners.
- Review the work and timeframe of tickets coming from the L1 team, prior to the ticket being escalated to L2 and priorities accordingly
- Use technology expertise and privileged access to perform advanced troubleshooting of network systems
- Capture and gather data from the network to assist with troubleshooting activities of Networks and the wider infrastructure teams.
- Capture and record configuration information from network devices, to aid in troubleshooting and to assist L3 Support staff in root cause analysis.
- Investigate and communicate outage impact to service managers and the wider GN&S team
- Ensure information is accurate and informative, liaising with users where needed
- Ensure information for change tickets is accurate and conforms to Global Networks and Security templates
- Carry out complex changes produced in conjunction with Level 3 engineers and Network Architects.
We offer You
- Possibility to build your career, learn and develop together with others in a truly international company
- A possibility to shape the future and build the Networked Society
- Competitive Ericsson benefit package