General Ledger Accountant
British American Tobacco Global Business Services currently has an exciting new opportunity for a General Ledger Accountant to join us on a permanent basis in our Bucharest office.
Job purpose and key deliverables
- Contributing to the effective and timely delivery of General Ledger and Fixed Assets services, including: month and year end closure activities, routine journals, accounts reconciliations, etc.
- Supporting the alignment within GBS of the multiple General Ledger and Fixed Assets processes for existing migrated end markets
- Supporting in terms of General Ledger and Fixed Assets processes the process of migration for new end markets.
- Supporting the other team members by analysing and eliminating inefficiencies in processes when requested.
- Ensuring that all Reconciliations are completed on time with full supporting information
- Daily/weekly/monthly duties to be completed according to the department timetable
- Minimum 1 year accounting experience,
- Finance/ Economic background,
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office package (especially Excel),
- Good communication skills,
- Good English communication skills (other languages are considered a plus),
- Good interpersonal skills,
- The ability to work well as part of a team, and individually