Business Intelligence Engineer Intern - Robot Detection - Amazon
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Jobs from top companies in Romania active
View all jobs Business Intelligence Engineer Intern - Robot Detection - Amazon active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Internship active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Amazon Development Center Romania is seeking a passionate Business Intelligence Engineer with strong analytical, technical and communication skills to address increasingly complex business questions within the Robot Detection team. We’re processing big data-sets and real-time streams of website traffic in order to classify various types of robots crawling Amazon’s customer-facing websites. By eliminating robot traffic from Amazon’s business metrics, we facilitate accurate data-driven decisions and forecasts (e.g. site-wide/category conversion rates, product stock vs demand, scaling predictions, etc). Mitigation actions based on the robots that we detect lead to multi-million hardware cost-savings for website rendering, and allow protecting competitive business data. We actively track and drive to zero the rate at which humans are misclassified as robots and strive to provide the best experience to both customers and robots.
Amazon has a culture of data-driven decision-making and demands business intelligence that is timely, accurate, and actionable. This team provides a fast-paced environment where every day brings new challenges and new opportunities. You will help solve complex robot investigations and isolate robot incidents from data-quality issues to ensure the accuracy and precision of our systems. You will reverse engineer robot business models to find potential unmet business needs of external Amazon customers and sellers that the robots might be offering.
As a BIE you will be working in one of the world's largest and most complex data warehouse environments. You should be passionate about working with huge data sets, and be someone who loves to bring datasets together to answer business questions. You should have deep expertise in creation and management of datasets. You will be working closely with retail category teams, machine-learning scientists, statisticians, software engineers, and various business groups.
You will implement data analytics using cutting edge analytics patterns and technologies that are inclusive of but not limited to Hadoop, Spark, and Redshift. You will extract huge volumes of data from various sources and message streams and construct complex analyses. You will write scalable queries and tune performance on queries running over billions of rows of data.
· Currently enrolled or fresh graduate from an accredited college or university, actively pursuing a degree in one of the following areas: operations research, statistics, engineering, mathematics, or computer science
· Strong SQL and Excel expertise to access and transform data into insights.
· Comfortable working in a Unix/Linux environment with experience in a scripting language (Perl, Python, Unix shell) for managing large data sets.
· Probability and statistics: Candidate should know probability, conditional expectation, common statistics, exploratory data analysis, linear regression, hypothesis testing.
· Experience with Big Data solutions: Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Spark or other frameworks
· Experience working with a wide range of predictive and decision models and data mining techniques, as well as tools for developing such models
· Demonstrated ability to frame complex analytical problems, pull data, and extract insights that led to tangible results (revenue, seller launches, new product features, etc.).
· Outstanding speaking, writing, and presentation skills, as well as the ability to persuade, inspire, and motivate others. Summarize key insights of complex solutions for technical and non-technical audiences (colleagues from computer science, machine learning and business backgrounds, as well as senior management decision-makers).