Oracle WebLogic Server Support Specialist
Explore Oracle and become our next great hire!
With more than 420,000 customers - including 100 of the Fortune 100 - and with deployments across a wide variety of industries in more than 145 countries, Oracle offers a comprehensive and fully integrated stack of cloud applications, platform services, and engineered systems.
Currently counting over 4100 employees in the Bucharest and Iasi offices, Oracle Romania has been prominently listed as one of the „Most Desired Employers” in the local market over the last 6 years, including the top rank for the past 3 years.
Oracle is a key contributor globally to IT education through its Oracle Academy Program. Oracle Academy currently supports 664 institutions and over 52,000 students in Romania. In 2016 we are training 200 teachers in Java Fundamentals and Java Programming.
Beside key administrative functions for customers, partners and Oracle organizations, Romania is also home for core development centers and teams helping customers to realize successful IT projects. To name a few:
Oracle Product Development
Oracle Advanced Customer Support
Oracle Software Support Services
Oracle Sales Consulting Center
Oracle is constantly recruiting for a variety of departments, looking for talented candidates with both technical and non-technical background. The ideal candidate would be the one with high potential and ability to learn and adapt quickly to a fast changing, innovative and demanding environment. If you’re looking for insight into life at Oracle, explore our culture, or want to join the social conversation, check out our Oracle Facebook Community.
PREFERRED REQUIREMENTS INCLUDE:
· 4-7 Years of experience in Design / Development of J2EE Application, Administration / Configuration of Application Servers (WebLogic / JBoss / WebSphere, etc )
· Hands-on experience with cloud computing platforms, such as Oracle Public Cloud, AWS, Microsoft Azure, Cloud Foundry, Salesforce, etc.
Hands-on experience with one of more cloud computing offering from Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure cloud, Cloud Foundry, Salesforce & Oracle Cloud will be added advantage
· Hands on experience in J2EE Server Technologies such as Java, JSP / Servlets, EJB, any J2EE Application Server - Preferably (WebLogic Application Server) is MUST
· Experience in Server Side J2EE - JMS, Java Security ; Web Services ; JVM ; Cluster Technologies ; Web Services ; XML is MUST
· Experience in operating systems (Linux, Solaris), networking and database preferred.
· Exposure to other Middleware Products such as SOA, IDM, Portal, etc a plus.
· Ability to understand customer problem and provide technical solution in timely manner
· Ability to understand customer urgency and sensitivity of problem
· Ability to view customer situation holistically instead of just single transaction
· Ability to speak confidently and communicate clearly with customer and customer management
· Ability to work well with demanding customer environment and delight customer
· Strong verbal and written communication skills.
· Strong adherence to Process and be process champion
· Proven ability to handle Critical Escalations and be the “point person” for inter product/Line of Business issues.
· Ability to coordinate Support across Line of Business within the Organization.
· Proven skill in managing customer & internal stakeholder communication on Critical/Hot Escalation, including communication to upper Management with status reports and timely situation assessment and updates.
As a member of the Support organization, your focus is to deliver post-sales support and solutions to the Oracle customer base while serving as an advocate for customer needs. This involves resolving post-sales non-technical customer inquiries via phone and electronic means, as well as, technical questions regarding the use of and troubleshooting for our Electronic Support Services. A primary point of contact for customers, you are responsible for facilitating customer relationships with Support and providing advice and assistance to internal Oracle employees on diverse customer situations and escalated issues.
As a Sr. Support Engineer, you will be the technical interface to customers, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) and Value-Added Resellers (VARs) for resolution of problems related to the installation, recommended maintenance and use of Oracle products. Have an understanding of all Oracle products in their competencies and in-depth knowledge of several products and/or platforms. Also, you should be highly experienced in multiple platforms and be able to complete assigned duties with minimal direction from management. In this position, you will routinely act independently while researching and developing solutions to customer issues.
Job duties are varied and complex utilizing independent judgment. May have project lead role. 4 years experience with Core products or five years experience with Applications products and have a technical degree i.e., BS Computer Science/Management Information Systems/Science/ Engineering/Math/Physics/Chemistry with a 3.0 GPA OR (for Applications) proven professional/ technical experience, i.e., demonstrating an understanding of Applications at a functional and technical level (preferably Oracle)
The flexibility to work beyond standard business hours, non-standard work weeks, including weekends and Public holidays may be required.