Software Engineer Frostbite - Internship
Acest job nu mai este activ!
Vezi toate job-urile Electronic Arts Romania active.
Vezi toate job-urile Software Engineer Frostbite - Internship active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in Internship active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in IT Software active pe Hipo.ro
SOFTWARE ENGINEER FROSTBITE INTERNSHIP
ENTERTAINING IS OUR PASSION
EA was founded over 30 years ago by individuals with a deep passion for making games. Many things have changed over the years as the gaming industry—and the company—has expanded immensely, but we are still driven by the same passion for developing, publishing and distributing the world’s best games.
Gaming has come a long way from Pac-Man & Space Invaders to modern EA Favorites like Burnout, Battlefield, Mercenaries, Dead Space, Spore, FIFA, Madden, Need for Speed and the world’s most successful game franchise, The Sims. Fueled by our talented staff at locations across the Globe we are united in our passion to continue shaping the future of interactive entertainment. Together we can make a difference.
If you’ve ever experienced the exotic vistas of Star Wars: Battlefront, the ground-shaking growl of tanks in Battlefield 4 or drifted with screaming, rain-soaked tires across the tarmac in Need For Speed, you’ve had a glimpse of the power of the Frostbite game engine. Driven and supported by a team of thousands from multiple studios across the globe including EA Romania in Bucharest, Frostbite leverages its proprietary technical advantages to empower game creators to shape games of any size and push the boundaries of what they can achieve.
Frostbite harnesses EA’s vast infrastructure, workflows and resources to generate industry-leading ingenuity in domains such as Rendering, Physics & Destruction, Animation, Audio and UI, to name a few. And as a key central technology team, any innovation developed could have game-changing impacts across EA’s numerous franchises.
Creating and applying leading-edge technology in the gaming industry is not easy but it is increasingly the difference-maker between an evolutionary game and a revolutionary one. Here at Frostbite, we are setting the bar high and have a team of great engineers who are dedicated, capable and willing to reach it to ship the next awesome game for EA.
Frostbite Bucharest is a young team developing custom features for EA games that build on top of the Frostbite engine. We are currently working on enhancing online multiplayer functionality, server-side/cloud services which support them and extending the behavior and artificial intelligence of characters for several EA games. Our scope of work range from new feature development, bug fixing, maintenance/support, to assisting game teams employing the Frostbite technology stack.
As an intern within Frostbite Bucharest you will have the chance to understand how this powerful game engine works and to build new functionalities from the ground up. In fact, you will get a glimpse of what it means to change the face of interactive entertainment.
• As an intern you will assist in building features, testing and integrating them in game code, working together with other software engineers.
• As performance and robustness are key to Frostbite platform components, you will assist engineers in profiling and optimizing components to reach the required load time, execution time and reliability criteria;
• Actively participate in scrum including backlog grooming, daily scrums and sprint planning. Works closely with team including QA team members to resolve blockers and ensure completion of tasks
• You will need to understand and follow standard software engineering processes and best practices for requirements, design, implementation and testing. This is a great opportunity to learn about the game development industry and experience the development lifecycle of a very large project.
• Studying for a Computer Science Degree, Computer Engineering Degree
• Programming knowledge in C++
• Familiarity with OOP, algorithms and data structures
• Multithreaded programming and debugging knowledge
• Basic knowledge of REST, JSON and XML;
• Good understanding of databases and efficient data storage;
• Knowledge of networking and application layer protocols (TCP, UDP, HTTP, HTTPS, Websockets) would be a plus;
• Previous Software development experience (including academic or home projects) would be a plus