1st Level Broadcast Engineer (Linux)
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Ericsson active
View all jobs 1st Level Broadcast Engineer (Linux) active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Telecommunication active on Hipo.ro
A CONNECTED WORLD IS JUST THE BEGINNING!
Ericsson is the world’s leading provider of technology and services to telecom operators. Ericsson is advancing its vision of being the “prime driver in an all-communicating world” through innovation, technology, and sustainable business solutions. We now stand on the brink of fundamental innovation opportunities across industries, public services and in private life.
We are moving from the information society to the Networked Society, where the primary concern is not having access to information, but what benefit you get out of it. It took 100 years to connect 1 billion places and 25 years to connect 5 billion people. The next step is connecting things. Ericsson envisions 50 billion connected devices as a starting point for new ways of innovating, collaborating, and socializing. The result will be simplified processes, higher productivity, real-time information allowing quicker, more informed decision-making or problem solving when relevant, and monitoring.
The Networked Society changes the logic of how society works. It is our job to take the lead in enabling this, and we are shaping our decisions around that. The ICT industry can help address our world’s major concerns in climate change, health care, education, and more.
• You find us in 180 countries
• We are more than 100,000 employees
• We have more than 30,000 patents
• 40% of mobile calls are made through our systems
• More than 2 billion people globally use our networks
In Romania we operate also the Global Services Center which is performing Managed Services for various European Operators, employing over 1000 engineers.
Qualifications we are looking for:
- 2 or more years of experience in a service desk role with comparable technical and soft skills.
- Proven ability/experience working in a multi layered international matrix organisation.
- People Skills � Experience working in international teams (direct & indirect) from different cultural backgrounds and experience in working with external resources.
- Cultural Awareness � Experience in working people from different cultural backgrounds ensuring clarity, collaboration and efficiency
- Travel � Possible frequent travel during the year on a need-basis
- Experience in managing several platforms/systems and ability to easily switch between them and keep the overview.
- MBO technical engineering degree or higher, preferably specialized in IT applications and infrastructure design, development and/or support.
- Professional and intellectual capacities at the Bachelor or higher professional education level.
- Broad and deep knowledge of service desk operations.
- eTOM/ ITIL v3 Service Operation certification.
- Language skills � fluent in English (verbal & written) and preferable 1 other European language.
- In depth knowledge of IT Infrastructure (e.g. Unix, DB, Oracle ExaData, ) and Video technical components (e.g. Linear Broadcasting, VoD, Streaming media, Video Headends).
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize workloads as situations change.
- Good interpersonal skills, excellent active listening skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Decisive, logical and methodical.
- Analytical skills, continuous driving for improvement, results driven.
- Embracement of change and challenge.
- Ownership and action, customer focused.
- Teamwork and contribution, organizational sensitivity and being able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Available for working in 24/7 shifts.
As a successful 1st Level Broadcast Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring of IT Infrastructure and Video Services.
- Follow internal incident-, change- and release management processes in USMS.
- Monitor USMS queues. Attempt first fix and ad-hoc workaround incident resolution activities, including but not limited to Stop/Start applications on alert.
- Investigate troubleshoot and fix problems on relevant systems
- Investigate incidents where technical domain relevancy and ownership is unclear, localize issue and either fix or assign to relevant technical domain owner for fix
- Coordinate with vendor partners in the resolution of tickets providing traces, logs
Documentation, and service correlation
- Creation of incidents on alert, and logging of incidents. Create and distribute tasks to relevant support entities (USMS)
- Creating Problem tickets based on recurring incidents and add information as required, ensuring relevant associations between Problem and Issue are logged.
- Ownership of incidents until fix, with follow up duties, and taking responsibility for e2e resolution of incidents, coordinating the fix with second and third line teams.
- Provide expertise in analysis of major incident root cause and follow up with other Corporate teams as needed
- Adhere to Service and Operational Level Agreements. Working towards targets set by Performance Management and Liberty Global KPIs relevant to Service Assurance, Support and Availability.
- Perform Change Management and Problem Management tasks relevant to the Central Service Desk including monitoring coordination for patches, and implementation approval of Changes.
We offer You:
- Possibility to build your career, learn and develop together with others in a truly international company
- A possibility to shape the future and build the Networked Society
- Competitive Ericsson benefit package.