1st Level Broadcast Engineer (Linux)
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Ericsson active
View all jobs 1st Level Broadcast Engineer (Linux) active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Telecommunication active on Hipo.ro
At Ericsson, we give our employees the freedom to think big. Your ideas and innovations can turn into achievements that impact society and change the world. Are you ready to be a change-maker?
Learn what makes YOU + Ericsson a powerful combination. Join us today.
We are one of the leading providers of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) to service providers, with about 40% of the world’s mobile traffic carried through our networks. We enable the full value of connectivity by creating game-changing technology and services that are easy to use, adopt and scale, making our customers successful in a fully connected world.
Together, in Romania we create a culture of innovation, constantly transforming to find new ways of working. Opened in 2007, the Global Site in Bucharest is one in only four all over the world, the only one situated in Europe and a vital component in Ericsson’s global services organization. The Romanian site currently counts on a team of 1,900 strong professionals and enthusiastic young specialists and is developing constantly to meet customer needs.
Qualifications we are looking for:
- 2 or more years of experience in a service desk role with comparable technical and soft skills.
- Proven ability/experience working in a multi layered international matrix organisation.
- People Skills � Experience working in international teams (direct & indirect) from different cultural backgrounds and experience in working with external resources.
- Cultural Awareness � Experience in working people from different cultural backgrounds ensuring clarity, collaboration and efficiency
- Travel � Possible frequent travel during the year on a need-basis
- Experience in managing several platforms/systems and ability to easily switch between them and keep the overview.
- MBO technical engineering degree or higher, preferably specialized in IT applications and infrastructure design, development and/or support.
- Professional and intellectual capacities at the Bachelor or higher professional education level.
- Broad and deep knowledge of service desk operations.
- eTOM/ ITIL v3 Service Operation certification.
- Language skills � fluent in English (verbal & written) and preferable 1 other European language.
- In depth knowledge of IT Infrastructure (e.g. Unix, DB, Oracle ExaData, ) and Video technical components (e.g. Linear Broadcasting, VoD, Streaming media, Video Headends).
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and re-prioritize workloads as situations change.
- Good interpersonal skills, excellent active listening skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Decisive, logical and methodical.
- Analytical skills, continuous driving for improvement, results driven.
- Embracement of change and challenge.
- Ownership and action, customer focused.
- Teamwork and contribution, organizational sensitivity and being able to work effectively at all levels in an organization.
- Available for working in 24/7 shifts.
As a successful 1st Level Broadcast Engineer you will be responsible for:
- Monitoring of IT Infrastructure and Video Services.
- Follow internal incident-, change- and release management processes in USMS.
- Monitor USMS queues. Attempt first fix and ad-hoc workaround incident resolution activities, including but not limited to Stop/Start applications on alert.
- Investigate troubleshoot and fix problems on relevant systems
- Investigate incidents where technical domain relevancy and ownership is unclear, localize issue and either fix or assign to relevant technical domain owner for fix
- Coordinate with vendor partners in the resolution of tickets providing traces, logs
Documentation, and service correlation
- Creation of incidents on alert, and logging of incidents. Create and distribute tasks to relevant support entities (USMS)
- Creating Problem tickets based on recurring incidents and add information as required, ensuring relevant associations between Problem and Issue are logged.
- Ownership of incidents until fix, with follow up duties, and taking responsibility for e2e resolution of incidents, coordinating the fix with second and third line teams.
- Provide expertise in analysis of major incident root cause and follow up with other Corporate teams as needed
- Adhere to Service and Operational Level Agreements. Working towards targets set by Performance Management and Liberty Global KPIs relevant to Service Assurance, Support and Availability.
- Perform Change Management and Problem Management tasks relevant to the Central Service Desk including monitoring coordination for patches, and implementation approval of Changes.
We offer You:
- Possibility to build your career, learn and develop together with others in a truly international company
- A possibility to shape the future and build the Networked Society
- Competitive Ericsson benefit package.