Senior Accountant (Job Number #1627062)
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, our ideas propel our world faster. We’re an industry-leading technology company. And we’re accelerating everything we do. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, our technology and services help transform our customers around the world to become more efficient, more productive and more secure. They enable our customers to go further. And our employees to develop, learn and advance their careers. Ready to change the world? No one’s doing it faster.
Mission: We help customers use technology to slash the time it takes to turn ideas into value. In turn, they transform industries, markets and lives.
Some of our customers run traditional IT environments. Most are transitioning to a secure, cloud-enabled, mobile-friendly infrastructure. Many rely on a combination of both. Wherever they are in that journey, we provide the technology and solutions to help them succeed.
· First level university degree with a focus in business or economics; advanced degree or accounting certification (e.g., Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Master of Business Administration (MBA) preferred.
· Typically 4+ years of experience as a financial analyst.
· Typically experienced in more than one finance function.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial analysis.
· Strong analytical skills.
· Strong business application skills (e.g., Microsoft Excel).
· Strong communication and influencing skills.
· Excellent teamwork skills
· Good business acumen.
· Provides complex, financial analysis for a financial function or a business
· Establishes and maintains relationships with business leaders to guide and influence decision-making within a limited scope.
· Provides analytic support to business initiatives, typically representing a sub-function within finance for a particular business.
· Supports policy and process improvement and identifies opportunities.
· Identifies issues and proposes solutions to a more senior individual contributor or manager.
· Represents finance on cross functional teams.
· Provides mentoring and guidance to entry level analysts.
· Ability to influence multiple cost centers within a broad scope, typically interacting with managers and directors.