Electrical Engineer / Junior Design Engineer
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, planners, surveyors, environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals.
We design lasting Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Resources (including Mining and Industry), Water, Power and Environmental solutions, as well as provide project delivery and strategic consulting services. With approximately 43,600 talented people in 550 offices across 40 countries we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
The WSP Bucharest office, established in March 2006, comprises over 130 permanent staff covering Structural, Mechanical and Electrical engineering, Green Building Certification services and Environmental disciplines.
• Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering/Building services or similar
• Minimum 1-3 years’ experience of designing electrical systems in a variety of building types
• Project experience should include participation from the design phase through the final construction close-out
• Very good skills in AutoCAD
• Experience of MagicCAD or similar electrical 3D design software is an advantage
• Good skills in Microsoft Office
• Experience in NavisWorks, Solibri or Revit is an advantage but not a requirement.
• Experience in cable sizing programs (Ecodial / EDSA / ETAP / Amtech or similar)
• Experience in lighting calculations (Dialux)
The main task will be to design electrical installations in commercial and industrial buildings for WSP according to European, Romanian and Swedish regulations as well as to WSP’s internal standards, to include:
• Drafting 3D drawings for cable trays, power, lighting, extra low voltage (fire alarm, security, etc.)
• Power loads calculations
• Lighting calculations in Dialux
• Cable sizing and cable type selection
• One-line diagrams for distribution boards and switchgears
• Circuit diagrams and additional lists for electrical panels
• Drafting Reports and other written documents in English and/or Romanian, as required
Further responsibilities include:
• Carry out discipline designs to required standards and quality;
• Coordinate with CAD Technicians concerning project requirements and timelines;
• Ensure that all designs are reviewed to the required standards;
• Stay updated with relevant technical developments within the discipline;
• Attend and contribute in team and project meetings as required;
• Complete accurate timesheets by set deadline;
• Lightning protection assessment;
• Write the specification for the projects and establish the schedules for all equipment;
• Prepare bill of quantities;
• Prepare due diligence reports;
• Coordinate with the Mechanical design engineers and all other relevant disciplines;