Level I/II Security Techincal Support Engineer
Leading Provider of High-End Software Development Services
Luxoft Holding, Inc. (NYSE:LXFT US) is a leading provider of software development services and innovative IT solutions to a global client base consisting primarily of large multinational corporations.
Luxoft builds long-lasting partnerships with more than 130 clients by providing seasoned business and technology professionals, software imagineers, who deliver high-quality, innovative technology solutions that fit the client’s needs.
The Company develops its solutions and delivers its services from 24 dedicated delivery centers worldwide. It has over 9,500 employees across 27 offices in 15 countries in North America, Mexico, Western and Eastern Europe, Asia Pacific, and South Africa. Luxoft is incorporated in Tortola, British Virgin Islands, has its operating headquarters office in Zug, Switzerland and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
With 1400 employees on board, Luxoft Romania works on delivering high quality product engineering and application development services. Luxoft Romania focuses on three main technology verticals: Automotive, Financial and Telecom.
Working at Luxoft
Luxoft’s renowned reputation and corporate culture, in addition to the abundance of talent in the regions where the company operates, all enhances Luxoft’s ability to attract and retain some of the most proactive and experienced IT professionals in the industry.
Luxoft offers candidates the opportunity to work in niche areas, to fully participate in the development of products marketed directly from its own laboratories, and to be exposed to international projects from top industries.
For more information, please visit: http://www.luxoft.com.
• Retains ownership of most customer issues, except for the most complex, and resolves the majority of issues.
• Utilize guidance from manager or more senior engineers for case resolution or escalations.
• Sustain customer satisfaction all along the troubleshooting process.
• Provide professional assistance to our customer via case management.
• Maximize the utilization of CRM tools
• Determinate cases escalation and provide proper escalation summary for next level support.
• Document all troubleshooting activities in Service Request.
• Achieve performance and quality goals.
Supervision • Work independently or with minimum supervision.
• Build up the right criteria to determinate actions within the boundaries of the role.
• Bachelor’s degree thinking level
• Experience on Customer Service/Technical support
• Uses logic and common sense when making decisions or taking action toward troubleshooting, reporting, or escalations
• Uses existing rules and procedures to guide actions.
• Consider the continues adaptability needed to sustain a world class services
Focus on Customer
• Asks questions to accurately identify customer needs.
• Seeks feedback from customers.
• Addresses customer needs by involving the right
• people (resources) at the right time (escalations)
• Follows up with customers to ensure problems are solved.
• Meets or exceeds customer service needs, and reports barriers
• Proactive attitude
• Asks questions to clarify assignments and priorities.
• Deals with high priority work activities first.
• Makes sure work is done correctly.
• Surfaces problems and issues with speed and accuracy.
• Listens carefully to others.
• Communicates clearly and concisely.
• Provides appropriate level of detail in communications.
• Keeps others informed.
• Relates to others in an accepting and respectful way, regardless of their personality or background.
• Builds relationships by identifying and talking about common interests and priorities.
• Remains positive and respectful even in difficult situations.
Ethic and integrity
• Meets commitments.
• Does not disclose confidential information.
Adapt and learn
• Recovers quickly from problems and setbacks.
• Deals constructively with mistakes and problems.
• Seeks opportunities to acquire new knowledge and skills.
• Accepts and uses feedback, without becoming defensive.
• Good Knowledge of routing Switching and security protocols (Ethernet, VLANs, Spanning Tree)
• Good knowledge of application layer protocols (SNMP, HTTP, SMTP, DNS, DHCP)
• Good knowledge of Syslog protocol
• Basic knowledge of: MPLS, QoS, , RIP, OSPF, BGP, VRRP, IGMP, VPN protocols and others
• Good TCP/IP knowledge.
• Good understanding of Security Technologies: IPSec, UTM, DDos, etc.
• Knowledge of C, Python, shell script, Perl is a Plus
• The ideal candidate will be able to analyze sniffer traces and be able to resolve various routing issues
• Basic knowledge of Virtualization tools (VMware)
• Good practical knowledge of Unix/Linux
• Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent.
• Current Juniper or Cisco certifications are a plus (CCNA, CCNP, JNCIA, JNCIS, JNCIE, CCIE)
• Ideally the candidate should have 1+ years of working experience in a network support role
• Excellent team player
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Excellent client-facing skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Experience in enterprise technical support
• English is a must
• French, Spanish, Russian and/or German is a plus
The JTAC Technical Support Engineer will support Security products, working directly with our customers and partners.
Work with highly knowledgeable group of customers and as escalation point for other TAC groups within the organization.
Troubleshoot complicated hardware and software issues, replicate customer environments and network problems in the lab.
Provide technical expertise and guidance during testing, deployment and operational phases of networks.
Be a customer advocate for timely resolution of issues and for problem reproduction and escalation.
Document and reproduce customer related networking problems.
Develop technical specialties and prepare technology white papers on these areas.
Participate in cross functional tasks such as Knowledgebase article management and other documentation activities. Help improve processes and tools.