This job is no longer active!
View all jobs berg COMPUTERS active
View all jobs DevOPS Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
berg COMPUTERS began its activity in 1991, and since then we have completed over 2,300 software projects for more than 670 clients in 24 countries. As a Romanian-German company, we understand and value cultural diversity, and we always encourage uniqueness and creativity both at a professional and at a personal level.
Our headquarters is located outside the city, which means that we can completely disconnect from the frantic pulse of the city and work in a relaxed and stress-free environment. We love our tranquil coffee breaks, especially when they happen in our green back yard. Taking our laptops out on the terrace to do some work in the open air is also common practice for us.
We are all different, but we work together wonderfully, because our common goal is to deliver first-rate software solutions. We love what we do and we’re always up for a new challenge. That last bit actually also means that we pretty much never say no to a good opportunity to have fun: think Snack Fridays, birthday cakes, team buildings, summer parties and more.
- Experience with different distributions of Linux (Red Hat/Debian/CentOS/Suse) environments
- Strong experience with source control management systems and shared development in a large team
- Strong systems integration experience
- Good experience with middleware components (Reddis, RabbitMQ) and other open source technologies (PosgreSQL)
- Good understanding of web application architectures: Java EE, Web Services etc.
- Demonstrated ability to learn new systems and adapt to new processes quickly and to think "out of the box" to resolve issues.
- Demonstrated ability to read, understand and make corrections to code written by others
- Experience with automation tools (i.e. Puppet / Chef / Dockers / UCD etc.)
- Willingness to learn new things and extremely flexible if workflow is changing
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
- Communicative competence (pro-active)
- An aversion to manual processes and the desire to automate.
- ITIL Certified
- Training skills in order to mentor junior team members
- Ability to conceptualize problems
- Ability to work under pressure and remain decisive
- Experience with Backup software and strategies (Idera, TSM, etc.)
- Proficient in at least 1 programming/scripting language – bash, python, ruby, etc.
- Knowledge of the following: Linux Containers ( Docker ), Version control solutions ( Git ), IT automation software ( Ansible ), Working with Cloud computing ( OpenStack).
We are seeking a Devops Engineer to build automation and monitoring systems for the Data Services Platform. Objective would be manual tasks transformation into simple push-button operations. Team up with application developers and system administrators to turn standard tasks into coded operations.
- Responsible for scripting (Perl, Unix shell, etc.) and environment automation
- Responsible with system administration, implementation and support Red Hat/Debian/CentOS/Suse Linux environments
- Responsible with administration of middleware components installed on OS level
- Responsible for uptime, performance, reliability, scalability, security and high availability of infrastructure machines
- Responsible for Incident and Problem resolution, including Root Cause Analysis
- Create and implement change requests for incidents/problems as needed
- Ensure compliance with security guidelines
- 3'Rd party vendor coordination and escalation
- Structure, draft and review technical documentation, document technical requirements and processes.
What we offer:
A great work environment where you will be surrounded, at the same time, by colleagues, professionals and friends is our main asset. You will find with us real career opportunities as everyday challenges build strong professionals.
We also offer:
- Training and certifications: On-going In-depth training with current and emerging products and technologies;
- Flexible benefits: Sports benefits, Laptop, Flexible work schedule;
- Competitive remuneration;
- Build a career working in a team of highly skilled professionals for one of the top worldwide companies in the software industry;
- Support in obtaining professional certifications;
Join our dynamic team and you will find yourself in a multicultural and challenging environment where you will not only be using your skills and knowledge, but also expand and enrich your experience by participating in international project.