C/C++ with LINUX SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Thales active
View all jobs C/C++ with LINUX SOFTWARE DEVELOPER active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Together. Safer. Everywhere
Whenever critical decisions need to be made, Thales has a role to play. In all the markets we serve – defence, security, space, aerospace and ground transportation.
World-class technologies and the combined expertise of 61,000 employees in 56 locally based country operations make Thales a key player in assuring the security of citizens, infrastructure and nations.
Follow Thales on http://www.thalesgroup.com/live/
Thales Systems Romania, operational since 2007, plays a strategic part in the Group’s Transportation Business by offering a wide range of railways signalling solutions and integrated transportation systems.
Why joining our company in Romania:
Because we do great things together
Because we count for the real world
Because we are good in what we do and share our experience with you
Because we enjoy interesting experiences together
Because we have a multicultural working environment (Austria, Germany, France)
Because we are secure and stable for you, as well as for the world
Because we have a nice benefit package to offer
Come and see for yourself!
Requested technical competence:
• Experience in C and C++ development (POSIX)
• Experience in development of applications in Linux environment
• Experience with unit testing and coding standards
• Knowledge of TCP, UDP X.25 and HDLC communication protocols and socket programming
• Linux skills (scripting, configuring)
• Fluency in English
Knowledge of the following is a plus:
• Knowledge of UML modelling tools (e.g. Rational Together)
• Knowledge/experience related to state machines
• Knowledge of Code Checkers (e.g. QAC++, MISRA C++)
• Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Shell, Bash, Python, Ruby)
• Knowledge of GNU Toolchain (gcc, make, gcov)
• Experience with Configuration Management (e.g.SVN, ClearCase), Defect Management (e.g. ClearQuest) & Requirements Management (e.g. DOORS&Reqtify)
• Experience of full project lifecycle: design and documentation, development, unit testing, refactoring, deployment and maintenance.
Develop of a safe communication protocol between safety critical applications which allow trains to securely run to their destination. These applications have high availability requirements and they are not allowed to stall or randomly crash.
Our application engineering team is seeking a smart and passionate software developer with good understanding of software architecture and design as well as solid knowledge of C and C++, Linux scripting, communication protocols and socket programming.
As part of our team, your responsibilities will include:
• Define the architectural solutions on subsystem level
• Design, Implementation/Coding and Unit/Module testing
• Maintain existing product features, resolve issues and fix bugs
• Regular progress reporting
The development will be performed in close co-operation with experts in Bucharest / Berlin / Stuttgart and requires regular travelling between these locations.
Challenging projects, professional development in multinational environment, training opportunities, attractive salary, 24 paid vacation days, medical care, restaurant tickets, sports programs, etc.