Roaming Platform Support Engineer
De ce Vodafone?
Vodafone este liderul mondial in telecomunicații. Milioane de oameni din toate colturile lumii aleg Vodafone pentru a comunica cu cei dragi, dar si cu partenerii de business. Vodafone sustine si investeste permanent in inovatie si creativitate si raspunde nevoilor in continua crestere si schimbare ale utilizatorului contemporan de comunicatii mobile.
Succesul nostru se datoreaza in primul rand oamenilor care alcatuiesc echipa. Multe din sarcinile cu care ne confruntam zilnic reprezinta mai mult decat un singur om poate face. Astfel viitorul nostru depinde de atragerea, recompensarea si retinerea celor care impartasesc atitudinea “pot si voi face”.
Core competencies, knowledge and experience [max 5]:
- Scripting tools
- Data Base user knowledge (complex queries)
- SS7 MAP Signalling
- Diameter Signalling
- DNS protocols
- Roaming knowledge (protocol and signalling)
Must have technical / professional qualifications:
- University degree: faculty of Electronics Telecommunications and Information Technology, Faculty of Automatic Control and Computer Science, Cybernetics, Informatics or equivalent;
- 1-2 years of experience in
Roaming Platform Support within Vodafone Networks.
The role will provide the 2nd Line support for
- HW, SW and BD SLS incident management
- Support to SLS Roaming Team activities that requires root or OS activity
- Assist with change activity when needed
- Preventive maintenance for platforms in scope
- Corrective maintenance for platforms in scope
- Continuous improvement of preventive and corrective maintenance routines.
- Support on security and some other audits to ensure the VF compliance.
This is a real-time operational role providing support for complex multi-technology solutions, in addition to a providing a sound knowledge of specific technologies.
Working hours : from 07:00 CET to 22:00 CET (2 shifts), and 1 on call person during nights and weekends.
Key accountabilities and decision ownership
- System administration tools (UNIX) expert level
- Passive probing, counters management to create service alarms
- Root Cause analysis for complex major incidents & escalated faults
- Where required, support new technology, service & solution.
- Support customer Project and Change delivery activities as required.