Technical Art Director
Enter the homeland of many epic games and be part of our world. Ubisoft is a place where creativity, passion and innovation are the driving force and over 1800 people are at its core.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. Today it became an exciting success story, with a strong history of titles such as Silent Hunter, Blazing Angels, H.A.W.X, Just Dance, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon or Watch Dogs.
Ubisoft Romania is the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. The Romanian adventure, which began in 1992, has turned into an exciting success story where Production, Test and IT Department are its driving force.
- Experience in at least one full videogame production, in an art supervision role (Director, Lead);
- Experience with other types of digital art creation pipelines is also relevant.
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Leadership skills;
- Very good management skills with ability to keep track of multiple threads;
- Great communication skills, both written and spoken;
- Training and tutoring skills;
- Significant experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modelling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art);
- Detailed knowledge of the technical constraints of engines and the different game platforms;
- Good artistic skills (proportion, color, composition);
- Good knowledge of 2D and 3D graphic software;
- Knowledge of an asset management system (ex : Perforce, VSS, Alienbrain);
- Knowledge of a programming language is considered a plus;
- Knowledge of scripting languages is also considered a plus;
- Ability to create technical documentation;
- Knowledge and Interest in the following tech-art areas:
o Rendering and Post-Effects
o Special FX
o Rigging and animation
o Physics simulations;
- Fluency in English.
The Technical Art Director is a key profile in our team, responsible with researching, inventing and selecting the technical means needed to express the Creative Vision of the project, while respecting the overall Art Direction.
- The Technical Art Director has four main focuses during production, which are highly inter-dependent:
o The Art Technologies used in the project
o The art assets creation Process
o The art assets final technical Quality
o The Performance of the game
- Works together with the other teams inside the project to identify or invent the technical art features needed to express the creative vision;
- Selects, prepares and adapts the art tools used in production;
- Defines and validates the art workflow and art content pipeline of the project;
- Establishes the technical art constraints of the project;
- Manages the focus and development of the Technical-Art team members.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
- If you're into sport we've got a great gym right into our studio;
- We are proud of our games and we would like you to feel the same way. To get started we'll give you goodies and games letting you choose what you like;
- If you get hungry you can use your meal tickets at our local cafeteria or even grab some of the fresh fruits that are available in the office each week;
- Since we value health you'll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months;
- If somehow you feel under the weather you can quickly go to our in studio doctor.