Junior Technical Artist
Enter the homeland of many epic games and be part of our world. Ubisoft is a place where creativity, passion and innovation are the driving force and over 1800 people are at its core.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. Today it became an exciting success story, with a strong history of titles such as Silent Hunter, Blazing Angels, H.A.W.X, Just Dance, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon or Watch Dogs.
Ubisoft Romania is the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. The Romanian adventure, which began in 1992, has turned into an exciting success story where Production, Test and IT Department are its driving force.
Come and join our team of over 1800 professionals and help us create highly appreciated interactive entertainment products!
- Strong gamer culture and interest in video game development;
- Basic knowledge of real-time rendering challenges and techniques;
- Analytical mind and good problem-solving skills;
- Experience in a full digital art content creation pipeline (high and low-poly modelling, unwrapping, baking, texturing, level art) is very appreciated;
- Any relevant experience with game editors and engines is considered a plus;
- Knowledge and interest in any of the following tech-art areas is also considered a plus:
o Rendering and Post-Effects
o Special FX
o Rigging and animation
o Physics simulations
- Fluency in English.
The Junior Technical Artist is a support role inside the Technical Art team, working closely with the Technical Directors, Technical Artists and the programming team, to help with simple asset and pipeline optimizations, to participate in the technical art features implementation, and to perform simple debugging on the project's tools and processes.
Provide support for:
- Implementing optimizations and monitoring the performance of the game;
- Identifying and implementing art-pipeline optimizations and automatizing;
- Creating technical benchmarks to be used in production;
- Implementing technical art features with the help of the programming team;
- Offering technical assistance to the art team in day-by-day production issues;
- Creating and maintaining technical documentation;
- Sharing with the other artists best-practices and new tools.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
- If you're into sport we've got a great gym right into our studio;
- We are proud of our games and we would like you to feel the same way. To get started we'll give you goodies and games letting you choose what you like;
- If you get hungry you can use your meal tickets at our local cafeteria or even grab some of the fresh fruits that are available in the office each week;
- Since we value health you'll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months;
- If somehow you feel under the weather you can quickly go to our in studio doctor.