Lead Game Designer
Enter the homeland of many epic games and be part of our world. Ubisoft is a place where creativity, passion and innovation are the driving force and over 1400 people are at its core.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. Today it became an exciting success story, with a strong history of titles such as Silent Hunter, Blazing Angels, H.A.W.X, Just Dance, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon or Watch Dogs.
Ubisoft Romania is the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. The Romanian adventure, which began in 1992, has turned into an exciting success story where Production, Test and IT Department are its driving force.
- Previous experience as a lead game designer for at least 2 AAA shipped titles as Lead GD.
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written);
- Able to manage a team and plan in a highly active environment;
- Highly adaptable;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Client focus (internal and external);
- Autonomous, problem solver.
The Lead Game Designer will plan, detail, and supervise the work of game designers. He/she will also actively participate in the shaping and development of the game together with the directors and break down the high level intentions into game design elements.
- Quality owner on Game Design
- Responsible of the performance management of his/her team members: support career advancement and suggest development and interpersonal skills training and techniques sessions to team members;
- Create a work environment that is motivating for team members and which fosters development and creation;
- Participate in the selection of team members (recruitment).
- Assess the workload vs. production capacity, plan the work and set priorities for the game design team;
- Allocate duties and follow the evolution of the team's progress on game design deliverables.
Game Design Quality
- Understand consumer needs and ensure that the elements developed by the team will contribute to player satisfaction and enjoyment;
- Provides clear and structured project documents;
- Ensure that gameplay intentions are understood and that team members are working on the right elements (ingredients, game system, gaming modes, behavior specifications etc.).
- Communicate the project objectives, strategies, and general information to all team members so as to give visibility to the advancement of the development of the game and the other crafts;
- Actively participate and act as a regular liaison in the decision-making process with management and oversee the necessary adjustments to ensure that the game design team meets expectations;
- Drive and follow-up on prototyping (both digital and paper based) with other game designers and programmers.
Benefits that you can enjoy:
- If you're into sport we've got a great gym right into our studio;
- We are proud of our games and we would like you to feel the same way. To get started we'll give you goodies and games letting you choose what you like;
- If you get hungry you can use your meal tickets at our local cafeteria or even grab some of the fresh fruits that are available in the office each week;
- Since we value health you'll have access to private medical system after the first 3 months;
- If somehow you feel under the weather you can quickly go to our in studio doctor.