UX Designer – Graduate Program
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Ubisoft Romania active
View all jobs UX Designer – Graduate Program active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Internship active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Management - Consulting active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Marketing active on Hipo.ro
The UBISOFT GRADUATE PROGRAM is a life-changing experience for those who love games and want to impact millions of players around the world. If you enjoy setting ambitious goals and taking up complex challenges, the Ubisoft Graduate Program will help you grow quickly in talented and friendly teams.
Over the course of the two-year program you will experience the thrill of developing new games by being part of the production teams in two Ubisoft studios. This hands-on approach will provide you with a comprehensive overview of the challenges faced when making a game, enabling you to quickly advance your career goals.
You will work full-time in a studio located in your home country the first year, moving to a studio abroad the second year.
What’s in it for you? International experience and a fast-track to kickstart your career in video games.
What will you actually do?
As a member of a game development team, the UX Designer is involved in a variety of missions such as:
- Work with development team to iterate and improve the game within the player eye
- Create personas to help define the user base and understand player’s needs;
- Create detailed wireframes (describe solutions in the game design that will guide production);
- Work closely with the game designers to identify controls and inputs which support interactions, in order to ensure a seamless and consistent user experience;
- Participate in the conception of world logic, layout and all user interfaces running the game (including HUD, menus and lobby) by applying information architecture & accessibility principles;
- Ensure all signs & feedbacks provide clear information within the game through accessibility best practices;
- Ensure interactions responsiveness matches expectations;
- Plan and coordinate new playtest methodologies focusing on the player experience. Analyze and apply those feedbacks and data to optimize the game experience;
- Use his own experience as a gamer along with his knowledge of user centered design to achieve both player and business goals;
- Educate & evangelize the importance of human factors, players feedbacks & data driven decision making in end to end user experience design.
- Passion for video games and gaming culture
- Game design and art skills
- UI & ergonomic understanding
- Interest in programming and all topics related to technology
- Interest in cognitive sciences
- Strong interest for user-centered design and player experience
- Communication skills :
- Efficient communicator
- Good influencing with impact among various partners
- Bold and proactive
- Ability to turn complex problems into simple products
- Creative mindset
- Studies in one of the following fields is considered a plus:
- Cognitive sciences
- Gameplay programming