JAVA SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
Together. Safer. Everywhere
Whenever critical decisions need to be made, Thales has a role to play. In all the markets we serve – defence, security, space, aerospace and ground transportation.
World-class technologies and the combined expertise of 61,000 employees in 56 locally based country operations make Thales a key player in assuring the security of citizens, infrastructure and nations.
Follow Thales on http://www.thalesgroup.com/live/
Thales Systems Romania, operational since 2007, plays a strategic part in the Group’s Transportation Business by offering a wide range of railways signalling solutions and integrated transportation systems.
Why joining our company in Romania:
Because we do great things together
Because we count for the real world
Because we are good in what we do and share our experience with you
Because we enjoy interesting experiences together
Because we have a multicultural working environment (Austria, Germany, France)
Because we are secure and stable for you, as well as for the world
Because we have a nice benefit package to offer
Come and see for yourself!
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or similar degree
- Strong knowledge of Java language (J2SE)
- Good understanding of software architecture and design issues
- Experience with multiple programming languages / scripting languages is needed
- Strong Linux skills (scripting, configuring)
- Experience of full project lifecycle: design and documentation, development, unit testing, refactoring, deployment and maintenance
Would be a plus:
- Experience with Eclipse RCP plug-in development
- Experience with at least one interpreted language (Python, Ruby, Perl)
- Experience with GUI development or with GUI test automation tools (e.g. Squish, QTP/UFT, Test Complete)
- Experience with data modelling
- Understanding of XML, schemas (XSD) and transforms (XSLT)
- Virtualization hands-on knowledge
- Experience with Agile methodologies
We build software which takes care that train accidents never happen. Special design goals such as high availability are a must.
Our application engineering team is seeking a smart and passionate software developer with good understanding of software architecture and design issues as well as solid knowledge of Java programming, scripting languages on Linux and computer networks.
As part of our team, your responsibilities include:
- Design (new features)
- Unit testing
- Documentation of design and implementation
You will be part of the team responsible for the development of the graphical user interface applications used by the railway staff to interact with the command systems.
This is an excellent opportunity to work within a professional environment and to collaborate closely with other software experts in Romania and Germany.
Challenging projects, professional development in multinational environment, training opportunities, attractive salary, 24 paid vacation days, medical care, restaurant tickets, sports programs, etc.