Design the Future
At Steelcase, we believe the places where people work, really matter. Great places can inspire, accelerate innovation, enhance wellbeing and connect people to each other and to the purpose of their organization. By studying how people work and by bringing human insights to the places where they work, we help organizations to achieve a higher level of performance.
We’d like to invite you to begin a journey with us.
In 2011, we opened a new Business Center in one of the most vibrant cities in Romania –
Cluj-Napoca. We provide a wide range of support services for Steelcase Innovation Centers, Manufacturing and Sales Organizations, supporting Europe and North America.
We’d like to invite you to become a member of our Steelcase team and work for a global leader in one of our inspiring spaces.
IT internship – EMEA IT Service Desk
English & French / English & German
The EMEA Service Desk team is the Single Point of Contact for all Steelcase employees in Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA) that encounter IT issues in their day to day work. Solving as many as 85% of all the issues we process, we strive to deliver the best in class customer experience to our colleagues around the region. As for the remaining 15%, we handle those by working closely with other teams, specialized in diverse IT areas like Networking, Infrastructure, Databases, SAP until the job is done.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
As an intern, you would have the opportunity to be exposed to IT trainings and a variety of issues that come across our table, and benefit during this time from the experience and support of a team of professionals. The abilities that will be acquired will be:
- Respond to requests for technical assistance via phone or electronically
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Advise user on appropriate action
- Follow standard help desk procedures
- Administer help desk software
- Redirect problems to appropriate resource
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions in knowledge base
WHAT DOES IT TAKE?
We are looking for graduates or current computer science/ information systems/ management information systems students.
- Fluency in English & French or English & German is a must.
- Good analytical skills with attention to detail
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows OS, and apps. MacOSx would be a plus
- Strong communication skills, customer-oriented, able to listen.
- Good interpersonal skills with internal and external customers
- Team focused
- Ability to analyze and synthesize
- Demonstrate high work standards and initiative