Technical Artist for MOTION Middleware
Acest job nu mai este activ!
Vezi toate job-urile Ubisoft Romania active.
Vezi toate job-urile Technical Artist for MOTION Middleware active pe Hipo.ro
Vezi toate job-urile in IT Software active pe Hipo.ro
Enter the homeland of many epic games and be part of our world. Ubisoft is a place where creativity, passion and innovation are the driving force and over 1400 people are at its core.
Ubisoft is a leading creator, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment and services, with a rich portfolio of world-renowned brands, including Assassin’s Creed, Just Dance, Tom Clancy’s video game series, Rayman, Far Cry and Watch Dogs. The teams throughout Ubisoft’s worldwide network of studios and business offices are committed to delivering original and memorable gaming experiences across all popular platforms, including consoles, mobile phones, tablets and PCs. Today it became an exciting success story, with a strong history of titles such as Silent Hunter, Blazing Angels, H.A.W.X, Just Dance, Assassin’s Creed, Ghost Recon or Watch Dogs.
Ubisoft Romania is the first Ubisoft production studio outside France. The Romanian adventure, which began in 1992, has turned into an exciting success story where Production, Test and IT Department are its driving force.
• Strong knowledge of 3ds Max and Maya
• Being able to do modeling, rigging, skinning and animation
• General software culture: up to date on industry’s latest trends
• Knowledge of capture software: Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects is a plus
• Very good problem solving skills
• Experience with at least two shipped titles
• Scripting knowledge in 3ds Max and Maya is a plus
• MotionBuilder knowledge is a plus
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
• Excellent communication skills with both technical and non-technical parties
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Availability to travel for short periods of time, up to one or two months per year
• Pro-active and self-motivated
• Ability to give constructive feedback
• Team player
• Results-oriented, fast learner
• Resourceful, having an ability to find clever ways to overcome challenges
• Ability to adapt to change
• Good spoken/written English; some French knowledge is considered a plus
Ubisoft, an industry leading developer of video games, offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, an open learning environment, and contribute to an international team driving innovation.
Ubisoft’s Technology Group is the primary technology partner of game production teams. We develop tools, middleware and online solutions used in Ubisoft games. We also provide advisory services to production teams that request an external viewpoint on challenges for which we have the necessary technical expertise.
Reporting to the team lead, the candidate will be part of an international team working on the Motion middleware inside Ubisoft’s Technology Group.
Motion is a real time physics engine able to simulate soft (Motion Cloth) and rigid (Motion Physics) bodies, composed of an SDK and associated tools/editors.
This middleware is integrated in most of Ubisoft’s AAA games and supports home consoles and PCs.
• Research and propose new features for Motion (could be ideas, concepts, mockups)
• Offer a user-perspective of Motion to team’s developers
• Help production teams integrate Motion in their work by:
o Providing on-site training and best practices
o Finding solutions to their current issues
o Understanding production art-pipelines and workflow
• Make advertisement videos for Motion
• Create technical benchmarks for Motion
• Test the new features and tools designed for production and give relevant feedback
• Document the new features in order to allow users (other artists and team members from other working units) to understand how to use the new systems and features
The work is done following the SCRUM methodology.
Let’s get in MOTION!