SENIOR LASER PHYSICIST (High Power TiSa Laser)
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Thales active
View all jobs SENIOR LASER PHYSICIST (High Power TiSa Laser) active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
Together. Safer. Everywhere
Whenever critical decisions need to be made, Thales has a role to play. In all the markets we serve – defence, security, space, aerospace and ground transportation.
World-class technologies and the combined expertise of 61,000 employees in 56 locally based country operations make Thales a key player in assuring the security of citizens, infrastructure and nations.
Follow Thales on http://www.thalesgroup.com/live/
Thales Systems Romania, operational since 2007, plays a strategic part in the Group’s Transportation Business by offering a wide range of railways signalling solutions and integrated transportation systems.
Why joining our company in Romania:
Because we do great things together
Because we count for the real world
Because we are good in what we do and share our experience with you
Because we enjoy interesting experiences together
Because we have a multicultural working environment (Austria, Germany, France)
Because we are secure and stable for you, as well as for the world
Because we have a nice benefit package to offer
Come and see for yourself!
• PhD in the broad area of laser physics/quantum electronics/optics/metrology;
Requested technical competencies
• Proven record in constructing and/or operating femtosecond laser systems, or high power laser systems;
• Project Management skills would be beneficial;
• Strong technical writing and communication skills
• 3 years or more of relevant work experience with ultrashort pulse lasers or similar area;
Would be a plus
• Experience in OPCPA,
• Experience in optical-optical synchronization of laser oscillators and amplifiers to fs accuracy,
• Experience with laser diagnostics for high power systems;
• Experience with femtosecond lasers pulse compressor design;
• Experience with control systems and data taking;
• Experience working in an large scale research facility setting;
• Very good intellectual capabilities
• Solution oriented, team-working
• Excellent communication skills, in particular verbal skills to keep team up to date with progress;
• Motivation/Capability to travel and work in multi-cultural environment;
• Fluency in English
• French would be a plus
• Contributing to design and development of the high energy laser system;
• Integration, installation and testing of ultra-short pulse lasers;
• Final optical assembly of advanced laser products, optical alignment and test of advanced laser products;
• Coordinating installation and commissioning of laser system and their subsequent operation at ELI-NP premises;
• Working closely with a team of scientists (internal & external), optical and mechanical engineers, control system engineers and programmers;
• Contribute to laser User Manual documentation;
• Manage Customer’s training;
• Manage support activities on long term and meet Customer’s expectations;
• Independent scientific research and publishing, participating in conferences.
Excellent career opportunity with a professional development path in a multinational environment, challenging projects with high safety requirements training opportunities, attractive salary, medical care, restaurant tickets, sports programs, housing loan etc.