Payroll Subject Matter Expert
Everyday at Wipro Ltd. is challenging and thought-provoking. What is tested is your drive, enthusiasm and initiative. New ideas are appreciated and innovation is encouraged - if you have a suggestion and a plan to take it forward - you will get all the necessary support to transform it into action.Requirements
- Fluent communication skills in English and one of the following: Spanish, French, German , Polish
- At least 2-3 years of previous experience in Payroll activities
- Experience in outsourced or shared services environment
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of payroll processes
- Ability to ensure appropriate and efficient case resolution
- Experience with various Payroll and HR systems
- Strong customer service and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of internal controls and solid experience maintaining compliance
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, in particular Excel
- Strong influencing skills with peers and management
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
• The Payroll Subject Matter Expert (Payroll SME) will possess deep experience around the payroll processes specific to the successful operation of a construction and service business
• Ensure quality controls in the payroll process and update documentation - includes reconciliation of results and audit checks
• Learn processes and act as back-up for other international payrolls when/as needed
• Work with department leadership team to maintain a strong internal control environment and ensure compliance as it relates to payroll operations
• Work closely with Operations teams, Supervisors and Managers to ensure accurate processing of payroll
• Manage payroll reconciliations along with payroll journal entries.
• Assist in special projects
• Identify areas of opportunity to standardize and harmonize processes and practices
• Provide as functional backup for territory resources where needed
• Track/log issues; Resolve or escalate issues as appropriate
• Identify and proactively manage operational risks
• Provide status reports to key stakeholders, participating in meetings as appropriate
• Review and identify process improvement opportunities with payroll processes under management of local payroll teams
• Proactively monitors/reviews controls in place for all territory payrolls, working with local teams to assess and remediate any issues identified
• Perform other duties as required at the request of management
- Opportunity to work in a young and dynamic environment
- Opportunities to grow in the organization
- Attractive benefits package (Meal tickets, Health Insurance, Life Insurance etc)
- Opportunity to develop and learn constantly
- Access to internal training programs (career / individual)
Wipro Ltd is a global information technology, consulting and outsourcing company with 170,000+ workforce serving clients in 175+ cities across 6 continents. The company posted revenues of $7.6 billion for the financial year ended Mar 31, 2015.
Wipro helps customers do business better by leveraging our industry-wide experience, deep technology expertise, comprehensive portfolio of services and vertically aligned business model. Our 55+ dedicated emerging technologies ‘Centers of Excellence’ enable us to harness the latest technology for delivering business capability to our clients.
Wipro is globally recognized for its innovative approach towards delivering business value and its commitment to sustainability. Wipro champions optimized utilization of natural resources, capital and talent.
Today we are a trusted partner of choice for global businesses looking to ‘differentiate at the front’ and ‘standardize at the core’ through technology interventions.
In today’s world, organizations will have to rapidly reengineer themselves and be more responsive to changing customer needs. Wipro is well positioned to be a partner and co-innovator to businesses in their transformation journey, identify new growth opportunities and facilitate their foray into new sectors and markets.