Solution Test Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Honeywell active
View all jobs Solution Test Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
Solution Test Engineer - Job ID 00316279
Based in Timisoara
Honeywell is the leader in gas detection, fire systems, personal protective equipment, building controls, home comfort and security, and scanning and mobility. We are at work in 150 million homes, 10 million buildings, 5,000 industrial facilities, and hundreds of gas and electric utilities worldwide. Bring your passion to a fast paced and professional work atmosphere. If you feel that you can meet our requirements and would be interested in a career with Honeywell, we encourage you to submit your resume.
Elster is now part of Honeywell.
Elster Electricity with about 1.400 employees in 19 countries and 400 mUSD revenues in 2013, delivers complete end-to-end Smart Metering and Energy Management Solutions that drive energy efficiency, operational improvements and cost savings for utilities, industrial customers and consumers. Its multi utility offerings, which are interoperable by design, include distribution monitoring and control, advanced Smart Metering, demand response, networking and software solutions.
Are you curious about what this role implies?
- Designs and writes test specifications based on customer requirements and product specifications.
- Executes tests to verify the compliance with customer requirements and product specifications.
- Reproduce customer reported issues.
- Records observed errors and suggest improvements.
- Document test results in written test reports.
- Keep records of tested equipment/software versions and test results history.
- Verifies the fixes and upgrades; delivers fixes and upgrades to the customers.
- Performs factory acceptance and commissioning tests.
- Communicates with customers and developers to reproduce, determine the cause and fix errors.
- Installs and configures hardware and software products at customer site.
- Create test suites and test cases based on the requirements (user stories)
- Report defects in a bug tracking system, track until bug verification and create test reports with dedicated tools
- Familiarity with QA tools and techniques, bug tracking systems, test design and execution, test case management tools.
- A BS/MS degree in computer science or related technical discipline is preferred.
- A working knowledge of the software development cycle and modern software engineering practices.
- Preferably experiences in Object Oriented Analysis/ Object Oriented Design methodologies and life cycles.
- Knowledge in the areas of embedded real-time software engineering (requirements analysis, design, testing), data structures, algorithms, and C/C++ and Java language required.
- Good analytical & communication skills, good English skills in writing, reading and speaking.
- Previous experience in automatic tests using test tools like Selenium is a plus.
- Experience in test management tools such as Q-Test.
- Competitive salary and an attractive benefits package
- Extensive training programs
- Career growth opportunities
- Experienced leaders to support your professional development
- Dynamic and international work environment