Quality Analyst I – Dev QA FIFA
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Electronic Arts Romania active
View all jobs Quality Analyst I – Dev QA FIFA active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
We’re EA—the world’s largest video game publisher. You’re probably familiar with many of our titles—Madden, FIFA, The Sims, Need for Speed, Dead Space, Battlefield and Star Wars, to name a few. But maybe you don’t know how we’re committed to creating games for every platform—from social to mobile to console—to give our consumers that anytime, anywhere access they demand. What does that mean for you? It means more opportunities to unleash your creative genius, be inspired by those around you and ignite your path in any direction you choose.Requirements
The next great EA QA Analyst needs:
• Knowledge of Testing Tools, Processes, QA Standards.
• Knowledge of gaming platforms
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent reporting skills – is able to pull data, create and manage reports from relevant Databases (Devtrack/Hansoft).
• Excellent knowledge of Devtrack best-practices, great issue reporting skills, ability to spot & correct mistakes in flow/writing/relevant information.
• Basic understanding of the interaction between QA/Cert/1st Party/Legal partners.
• Basic understanding of automation – able to gather relevant information from automation reports.
• Basic familiarity with a project’s development cycle, milestone requirements and QA’s role at each stage
• Knowledge of Football/Soccer, FIFA & sports in general
• Familiar with Excel
• Very tech curious
• Self motivated
• Ability to work independently
• Problem solving skills
What a QA Analyst does at EA
Work closely with key Design/Production partners:
• Ensure robust and comprehensive concepts are created as a foundation to strong technical & test implementation.
• At feature implementation, conduct thorough pre-integration passes to ensure a fully featured, finished thread is being delivered to mainline.
• Direct QA efforts on identifying balance and tuning challenges and driving their resolution to improve product quality and/or revenue.
• Leverage real user analytics to drive improved QA strategies that focus on improving key features and user paths.
• Focus on defect prevention behaviors that help deliver finished threads to the game at first implementation of the feature, content or component:
• Minimize defects entering the mainline.
• Drive prioritization & driver resolution of known issues.
Actively communicates with and supports the Core QA/QE group from QA kick-off to final:
• Monitors testing effort through active communication– provides feedback and points out weak areas quality within the application.
• Participates in the test plan creation process, is able to review & improve test cases based on excellent game knowledge and testing experience.
• Is familiar with and actively monitors find metrics as well as the quality of bugs submitted for his particular game area.
• Raises and escalates concerns to QA management.
Manages a small group of support staff (2-3 testers) during peak periods:
• Provides mentoring and training for junior/temp members.
• Provides testing direction.
• Reviews bug entries for junior members.
• Monitors performance.
Drives Dev QA specific processes – MD/CR Process:
• Communicates with design & production in order to assess scope.
• Writes thorough TFCs.
• Rates MDs based on quality (with senior leadership supervision).
• Actively reports progress and raises and impediments to the processes.
Reviews and provides support for Certification submissions:
• Maintains good knowledge of Cert processes and requirements.
• Audits & ensures all relevant documentation is part of the package.
• Audits all documentation to make sure it contains correct information and that the testing has been completed by standards.
• Raises any risks & problems during submission to QA Leadership.
QA ownership on one game section (FUT/FIFA) or game area:
• Maintains deep knowledge of the features, high risk areas and on-going design changes.
• Actively monitors & is familiar with issues for his assigned area.
• Acts as a liaison between Dev/Core/QA management, communicates changes and risks and provides feedback to involved parties.