Embedded Linux Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Brainspotting active
View all jobs Embedded Linux Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
• B.Sc. in Computer Science/ Electrical Engineering
• Good English level
• Kernel drivers for embedded Linux operating systems.
• Kernel configuration, debug and tracing.
• Knowledge of pre-emptive multitasking environments and CPU configurations, bootloaders, debuggers, and memory management in an embedded space.
• Knowledge of ARM processor architectures.
• Knowledge of the major chips communications interface (USB, I2C, SPI).
• Familiarity with audio/video processing on Unix/Linux (I2S, LVDS, MIPI).
• Experience in embedded software development with peripherals such as Flash, eMMc & EEPROM’s.
Our client is a company founded in 1989 with headquarters in Canada. They develop a wide range of security solutions designed to suit all requirements for industrial, banking, and the private sectors.
We are now looking for a professional and experienced Embedded Linux Engineer to join our clients global R&D team.
You will be part of the Firmware team that designs, develops and implements SW in real time embedded environments for both current and future security products. The products are Linux based with network aspects, and include server-client configurations and mobile applications.
Main activities and tasks:
• Responsible for the embedded software/firmware for Linux Kernel on ARM processors
• Bring up our clients developed hardware under embedded Linux
• Developing Linux board support packages and kernel device drivers
• Working close to the hardware video encoders
• Work according to aour clients procedures (coding, source control, documentation etc.
• Work according to plans and time tables as defined for the projects
• Admit frequent status reports regarding the work plan to management (team leader, manager, project manager, etc.)
• Develop and create hardware test procedures and associated test documentation.
• Team player with excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to quickly learn new skills and adapt to project needs
• Task orientation, initiative
• Sense of humor