We live in a moment of remarkable change. Data and technology are transforming industries, society and even the workplace—by creating professions that didn’t exist before the emergence of data, cloud, social and mobile. IBM is a leader in this global transformation and just the place to launch your career, or start a new one, and develop skills for navigating this new world. At IBM, you’ll collaborate with extraordinary people in a creative environment to make the world work better.
IBM Bucharest Software Lab is part of IBM’s global Advanced analytics division, providing solutions that span finance, sales and operations transform systems of engagement and infuse scenarios and predictive intelligence into financial performance initiatives.
We’re seeking a talented QA Automation Engineer.
You will be involved in building a new generation, cloud first, large financial application that wants to set itself apart from the existing thick client based predecessors.
You will perform ongoing automation tasks a member of our development team. You must be a self-starter and be able to take initiative and work autonomously.
- Work closely with the scrum master and peer engineers to plan, execute and review day by day tasks and challenges
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use
- Automation testing using Selenium/Java
- Creating, reviewing and maintaining of automation test scripts
- Creating and maintaining the automation infrastructure and product deployment
|*Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Understanding of REST
- User authentication and authorization between multiple systems, servers, and environments
- Experience with relational databases (Oracle, Microsoft SQL, IBM DB2)
- 3+ years of hands on experience with Selenium or other automation tools
- 3+ Experience with JavasSript, VBScript, Python, Pearl or other scripting languages
- Good understanding of OOP
- Programing experience in Java (or C++/C#/VB)
- Experience with testing multi-threading applications
- Prior experience working in an Agile environment
- Excellent interpersonal communications and technical writing skills.
- Have organizational, problem solving, and time management abilities
- Very good English knowledge (written and spoken)
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or other technical discipline.
|*Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Experience working with large financial applications is a plus