This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Honeywell active
View all jobs Test Technician active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Quality Control active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Engineering active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Hardware active on Hipo.ro
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address tough challenges linked to global macro trends such as safety, security, and energy. With approximately 122,000 employees worldwide, including more than 19,000 engineers and scientists, we have an unrelenting focus on quality, delivery, value, and technology in everything we make and do.Requirements
• Associate’s degree in Engineering Technology or related field, or military technical training program, or completion of technical institute program and 3-4 years of related experience. Specific contract requirements regarding education and experience will prevail. Thorough understanding of electrical test hardware for the testing of digital and analog electronics and RF
• Strong background on design, development, and support of Test Equipment, Test Stations, and Test Processes
• Strong background in Test engineering standards/specifications or equivalent commercial standards
• Hands on experience with the operation of Oscilloscopes, Spectrum Analyzers, and Network Analyzers
• Knowledge of manufacturing test equipment and processes such as AOI, AXI, Flying Probe, ICT, Boundary Scan, and functional test, system test, Burn-in, ESS, HALT, EMI/EMC
• Strong knowledge and experience with measurement equipment, instrumentation, and software
• Familiar with instrumentation and communication busses (GPIB, MIL-STD-1553, FireWire, RS-232, RS-422, and Wireless are a plus).
• Ability to understand and interpret electronic component specification drawings, schematics, wire diagrams, and block diagrams.
• Experience creating and reviewing test documents
• Proficient with computer tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, and Visio)
• Knowledge on Project Management
• Willingness to travel to locations within the corporation and suppliers
• Experience in working with cross functional organizations.
- Experience presenting to a diverse group.
• Ability to subsequently train or work in the continental US for several weeks per trip as required with probably about 2-3 trips per year.
• Must have excellent verbal and written English communications skills
• Experience in conception, designing, supporting build, integrating, documenting, and certifying of various types of Test - Familiarity with Software tools and languages for the automation of test stations, such as LabView
• Knowledge of AutoCAD
• Good English both written and spoken
• A good history of developing test solutions for electronic devices.
• Experience using common test equipment (eg bench power supply, oscilloscopes, logic and signal analysers...).
• Good working knowledge of at least one script language (Python, VbScript, Shell). You must be confident writing simple test script
Let us invest in you! We offer …
• career progression opportunities in our international company
• the chance to make an impact, bring your value and leave your mark
• competitive remuneration and benefits package
• Assembly of electrical and electronic prototypes with engineering direction and knowledge of electrical principles, using hand tools, processing equipment, and measuring instruments.
• Modify electrical prototypes, parts, assemblies, and systems to correct functional deviations.
• Set up and operate test equipment to evaluate performance of developmental parts, assemblies, or systems under simulated operating conditions, and record results.
• Analyze and interpret test information to resolve design-related problems.
• Ability to work in a lab environment using logic analyzers, digital multi-meters, oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, data loggers, and other similar equipment.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision, with latitude for independent action and decision making.
• Ability to interface with customers and suppliers. Demonstrates effective communication skills-both written and verbal.
• Cross-trained in multiple technologies throughout business area. Ability to train others in specific job functions and/or administrative processes.
• Conducts activities in a safe and healthy manner and works in accordance with established HS&E requirements to ensure the protection of employees, the public, and the environment. Takes actions necessary to stop work when an unsafe condition or action is identified. Every employee has the right and responsibility to stop work when unsafe conditions or actions are identified.
• Supports testing service to design projects implementing automated test solutions for production and product development activities.
• Supports custom tester development projects, interfacing with customers, executing project plans and supporting production.
• Defines and recommends new designs, design changes, alternate designs of instruments and test equipment, and orders tooling, gaging, and equipment necessary to assure product quality.
• Generates test documentation and perform verification and validation testing of automated testers to assure all requirement are being supported.
• Plans and performs engineering testing and development programs and uses advanced statistical and scientific methods to address and resolve critical engineering and production problems to assure product manufacturability.
• Based on research, applies, develops and recommends innovative methodologies and technologies which are equal to the industry's state of the art to resolve processing and design problems.
• Evaluates and implements innovations and technological advances that improve quality, reduce flowtime, improve productivity, and enhance operational surety.
JOB ID: 00313476 (can be used to apply on Honeywell Career Site)
Please be advised that this role is based at our new location in Timisoara.
At Honeywell, we share a passion for technology, innovation and creativity and the unwavering belief in its ability to transform lives and the world around us.
This passion drives everything we do and we are looking for a new colleague that is driven by a desire to contribute, be challenged and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are our key regarding competitive advantage.
As our Test Technician will perform non-routine assignments of substantial variety and complexity, using operational precedents that are not fully applicable, such assignments that are typically parts of broader assignments, are screened to eliminate unusual design problems. You will receive technical advice from supervisor or engineer and your work will be reviewed for technical adequacy (or conformity with instructions).
Moreover, you will be conducting tests or experiments requiring selection and adaptation or modification of a wide variety of critical test equipment and test procedures, preparing and operating equipment, recording data, measuring and recording problems of significant complexity that sometimes require resolution at a higher level, and analyzes data and prepares test reports.
Apply today to experience and explore our world and imagine what we could achieve together! Hit the SUBMIT button and join our fast growing team!
Want to learn more? Visit:
• Our career website: www.careersathoneywell.com
• Channel: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcMf_TFS0kA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status. - See more at: http://www.careersathoneywell.com/en/jobsearch/jobdescription.aspx?languageid=1&jobid=00281661#sthash.O3RzNOF7.dpuf