Network Demand and Delivery Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Vodafone Shared Services Romania active
View all jobs Network Demand and Delivery Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Telecommunication active on Hipo.ro
Part of Vodafone Group, Vodafone Shared Services Romania is a center of excellence offering Technology, Customer Service, Fraud and Security Services to Vodafone clients from several markets around the world.
We've opened for business in Romania in 2014 and we have ambitious plans for growth. We have reached 800 colleagues and counting.
Vodafone Shared Services Romania is a welcoming place for everyone as we pride ourselves with offering genuine Global Experience.
With these skills you are a great candidate:
• Excellent technical skills in Core Network, IT and/or support systems architecture & design for mobile telecoms networks as well as enterprise IT, internet, mobile and/or communications technology (2G, 3G, 4G)
• Track record of demonstrable telco-based architect and delivery.
• Proven experience in developing/evolving, and/or supporting architecture and designs using several of the following building blocks used in M2M: Core Network (HLR/SMSC/GGSN/AAA/DIAMETER/PCRF), BSS Systems.
• Proven track record (4-5 years) of delivering required engineering functions in the IT+ Telco industries.
• Deep understanding of Telco Voice Applications and the core network elements such as IMS, EPC, NGN, Class IV / V switches and basic transmission technologies.
• Deep understanding of networking technologies and planning, as well as basic operating processes.
• Experience with connectivity (TCP / IP, TDM), quality and functional-inspection procedures.
• Excellent influencing and negotiating skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and able to adjust own style to suit audience and achieve objectives.
• Excellent organisational skills & communication skills (both written and spoken).
• Fluent in English (spoken and written).
And it would be nice to have experience in one or more of these technologies/fields:
• Successfully completed (engineering) science degree in electrical engineering, computer science, telecommunications engineering, or equivalent education.
• International experience and proven ability to deliver within a geographically dispersed matrix organisation.
• Educated to BSc/MSc degree level in telecommunications or related discipline with strong technology experience with strong emphasis on IT/Network Architecture Development experience.
• Knowledge of provisioning and OSS systems (fault, capacity-, performance, and configuration management).
• Willingness to work in a multi-cultural environment, working with different teams from around the world.
• Knowledge of 3GPP standards.
• Cisco certifications: CCNA, CCNP.
• Linux certifications.
Your day to day:
The M2M Network Demand and Delivery Engineer role requires a highly capable, motivated, experienced technical Architect who has the breadth of expert knowledge in the Network and/or IT enterprise architecture arena with strong knowledge in engineering disciplines such as core Network Architecture, IT architecture, service & support operations and will be positioned to ensure Vodafone retains its competitive leadership position in M2M through continuous high level solution stability and reliability.
The role demands a strong, technical person with a proven record of delivering high quality of complex technology solutions with a mix of IT and Telco components, preferably in the mobile telecommunication space. The Engineer must have management skills of complex Network and IT deployments across multiple geographies, preferably using a mixture of global hosting/cloud and local infrastructure elements.
With these activities you will have a great impact on our business:
• Working in a team to translate functional and non-functional requirements into engineering documentation and resultant deployment solutions that span the technical implementation including Network design, end-to-end solution architecture, service and support processes.
• Undertaking impact assessment/validation of Design Documentation submitted by the M2M Line of Business for the customer solution design.
• Align with the M2M architecture strategy.
• Leading the technical On Boarding and delivery technical activities, from on-boarding to delivery and troubleshooting.
• Ensure the quality delivery of M2M/IoT solutions in order to board customers onto Vodafone's M2M platform.
• Own the technical assurance for all aspects of the network delivery On Boarding process, quality control of network design documents.
• Analyze, validate the solution design documentation from M2M Line of Business, determining the technical components needed to address the customer demand while ensuring consistency with the defined M2M architecture strategy.
• Own solution implementations while in the delivery phase.
• Be the SPOC for first line troubleshooting with Customer.
• Creation of APN scripts on GGSN nodes.
• Creation of IPsec configurations on Cisco and Juniper devices.
• Creation of Route Targets on MPLS nodes.
• Creation of Firewall rules.
Sounds like the perfect job? We’ve got even more to offer:
• Work from Home – You can get to work remotely from anywhere you choose!
• Medical and dental services
• Life insurance
• Dedicated employee phone subscription
• Special discounts for gyms and retailers
• Annual Company Bonus
• Ongoing Education – we continuously invest in you to ensure you have everything needed to excel on the job and enhance your skills
• You get to work with tried and trusted web-technology
• Getting in on the ground floor of an technology changing company
• Flexible Vacation – Take time off when you need it, we trust you
We’re at our best when you’re at yours
Power to you
We thank all those who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration in the selection process will be contacted.
We are welcoming all applications from the persons who have the legal right to work in Romania.