Senior Quality Automation Engineer
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Intralinks active
View all jobs Senior Quality Automation Engineer active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
When teamwork and collaboration really matter – there’s Intralinks. Since 1996.
Trusted globally for more than 18 years, we bring collaboration and document sharing that’s safe, secure, compliant and fully auditable.
We offer all of our products through the cloud, but unlike other clouds, ours is totally secure and what happens in it stays safe.
Gartner likes us too. They’ve crowned us top supplier of enterprise collaboration and social software solutions.
• Minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree
• Detailed knowledge and experience with Quality and Systems Development methodologies
• Working knowledge of issue/defect tracking tools such as Jira, Test Director etc.
• Highly analytical, pro‐active and detail oriented
• Must be a self‐starter and be able to operate independently within a team members situated globally.
• Excellent communication skills and experience working in a multi‐site environment with on shore and off shore team
• Experience with:
• Quality testing procedures and methodologies
• Testing of web based applications
• Relational and non-relation database technologies including big data
• Functions of operating systems and browsers
• Policies and procedures related to product development
• Experience working with Automation frameworks
• Experience working with Automation using Java
• Knowledge of Xcode and Eclipse/Studio.
• Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology a strong plus
• Experience with of the following is desired:
• SQL or PL/SQL
• Object Oriented Programming
• Project Management
• JUnit, SAML, AMF
• Eclipse, Ant, Maven, XSLT, Ruby on Rails,
• JIRA, Subversion
• UI Automation tools such as IBM RFT, Selenium, etc.
• Independently test new software applications and modifications to ensure that software operates as intended.
• Obtain and analyze system requirements to develop an understanding of the business needs and functionalities of the new application.
• Write test plans when needed.
• Develop and run test scripts to uncover program defects. Confirm defect fixes applied correct the defects identified and don't introduce new issues.
• Perform manual test execution as needed to meet the needs of the product release
• Troubleshoot issues with automation scripts.
• Implement fixes for automation tools, frameworks or script related issues.
• Perform log/system analysis to identify application issues.
• Implement and monitor daily testing of builds to monitor application code changes and automation breakage.
• Update/maintain test scripts to account for changes in application.
• Adhere to coding standards; communicate coding standards to others in the group. Perform code reviews of other’s work and provide meaningful feedback.
• Document work performed and track progress of project.
• Report on individual or team testing progress.
• Demonstrate the functional aspects of the software to other individuals or groups.
• Mentor junior team members.
• Address technical and non-technical issues escalated by junior team members.
• Contribute to technical and non-technical aspects of test strategies and team best practices.
• Communicate information clearly, concisely, and professionally.
• Listen actively, reflect and summarizes others' comments to ensure understanding.
• Prepare and deliver coherent, highly credible, and engaging presentations that have impact.
• Proactively share timely updates and information with relevant parties.
• Tailor communication style and content to the audience.
• Write technical concepts and information clearly and thoroughly for technical and non-technical audiences.
• Analyze challenges, problems, and process breakdowns to ensure that lessons are learned and improvements are made.
• Focus efforts on continuously improving the processes and practices that create the most value.
• Optimize and integrate processes and operations to ensure high quality and service.
• Use appropriate metrics and data to monitor and improve processes and practices.
Responsible for delivering high-quality software products through application testing, and contribution to continuous improvement of Quality Control (QC) and cross-functional software development processes. Also responsible for mentoring junior team members.
Applies experience, intelligence, and creativity to resolve a wide range of moderately complex issues; seeks guidance from other relevant experts on most complex issues (e.g., technical or business complexity).
About the Team
Along with the Development, Product Management, and other cross-functional teams, the Quality Control team is responsible for on-time delivery of high-quality software releases. The team works together with other functions in small, highly collaborative and empowered teams.