Mobile QA Automation Engineer (for iOS solutions)
This job is no longer active!
View all jobs Brainspotting active
View all jobs Mobile QA Automation Engineer (for iOS solutions) active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs Internet - eCommerce active on Hipo.ro
View all jobs IT Software active on Hipo.ro
We are the leading technology recruitment and selection consultancy in Romania, working on highly specialized technologies for permanent and interim positions. Since our inception in 2001 as the first specialized IT recruitment agency in Romania we supported over 400 national and global clients in acquiring strategic IT talent for their business.
We are deeply passionate about technology and highly responsible about our work. We understand the pressure of the business and the fact that you need fast and quality results. Therefore we always go for the extra mile to deliver the best IT&C talent for your business, no matter how challenging the project may seem.
• Education – B.Sc. degree (highly preferred) or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum of 2 years of related experience or an advanced degree without experience
• Detailed knowledge and experience with Quality, Automation and Systems Development methodologies
• Working knowledge of issue/defect tracking tools such as Jira, Test Director etc.
• Highly analytical, pro-active and detail oriented
• Must be a self-starter and be able to operate independently within a team members situated globally.
• Excellent communication skills and experience working in a multi-site environment with on shore and off shore team
• Experience with:
o Quality testing procedures and methodologies
o Testing of Analytics Application including business intelligence tools and data transformation
o Policies and procedures related to product development
o Automation experience with Selenium, RFT or other tools is required.
o Manual test scripts experience
o Relational and non-relational database testing is required
• Experience working with Automation using Java or similar
• Knowledge of Xcode and Eclipse/Studio.
• Experience with Agile/Scrum methodology a strong plus
• Experience with some (required) or all (desired) of the following is expected:
o Object Oriented Programming
o Project Management
o JUnit, SAML, AMF
o Eclipse, Ant, Maven, XSLT, Ruby on Rails, JIRA, Subversion
o UI Automation tools such as Cucumber, Calabash
About the role:
As an iOS QA Automation Engineer you will be responsible for delivering high-quality software products through application testing, and contribution to continuous improvement of Quality Engineering (QE) and cross-functional software development processes. You will also be responsible for mentoring junior team members.
The future iOS QA Automation Engineer will apply his experience, intelligence, and creativity to resolve a wide range of moderately complex issues and will seek guidance from other relevant experts on most complex issues (e.g., technical or business complexity).
• Independently test new software applications and modifications to ensure that software operates as intended.
• Obtain and analyze system requirements to develop an understanding of the business needs and functionalities of the new application.
• Write test plans when needed.
• Develop and run test scripts to uncover program defects. Confirm defect fixes applied correct the defects identified and don't introduce new issues.
• Perform manual test execution as needed to meet the needs of the product release
• Troubleshoot issues with automation scripts.
• Implement fixes for automation tools, frameworks or script related issues.
• Perform log/system analysis to identify application issues.
• Implement and monitor daily testing of builds to monitor application code changes and automation breakage.
• Update/maintain test scripts to account for changes in application.
• Adhere to coding standards; communicate coding standards to others in the group. Perform code reviews of other’s work and provide meaningful feedback.
• Document work performed and track progress of project.
• Report on individual or team testing progress.
• Demonstrate the functional aspects of the software to other individuals or groups.
• Mentor junior team members.
• Address technical and non-technical issues escalated by junior team members.
• Contribute to technical and non-technical aspects of test strategies and team best practices.
• Communicate information clearly, concisely, and professionally.
• Listen actively, reflect and summarizes others' comments to ensure understanding.
• Prepare and deliver coherent, highly credible, and engaging presentations that have impact.
• Proactively share timely updates and information with relevant parties.
• Tailor communication style and content to the audience.
• Write technical concepts and information clearly and thoroughly for technical and non-technical audiences.
• Analyze challenges, problems, and process breakdowns to ensure that lessons are learned and improvements are made.
• Focus efforts on continuously improving the processes and practices that create the most value.
• Optimize and integrate processes and operations to ensure high quality and service.
• Use appropriate metrics and data to monitor and improve processes and practices.
Compensation and perks:
• Motivating salary package;
• Professional trainings;
• Career path;
• Flexible work hours / Work from home policy;
• Private medical subscription;
• Life & business travel insurance;
• Parking spot in near the office (city center);
• Private counseling.